Sweden 1 öre 1769 does that exist [solved]

8 posts

This message aims at: requesting the modification of a coin in the catalogue

Upvotes: 1
Downvotes: 0
Numista does have Sweden 1 öre 1769 coin listed and so does Krause, KM# 460. But are you absolute sure this coin exists? I have 2 Swedish books, Myntboken 2017 and Sweriges Mynt by Ahlström. Those books doesn't have that year at all. I have 3 pieces of 1759 coins and they all look almost like 1769.
Quote: "Ollisaarinen"​Numista does have Sweden 1 öre 1769 coin listed and so does Krause, KM# 460. But are you absolute sure this coin exists? I have 2 Swedish books, Myntboken 2017 and Sweriges Mynt by Ahlström. Those books doesn't have that year at all. I have 3 pieces of 1759 coins and they all look almost like 1769.
​Do you have pics of the three 1759 available to add to this post?
Coin referee for: AZE, FRO, GRL, US-HI, KOR, KGZ, MLI, MHL, MMR, PRK, UZB, SML, TAT, TWN, TJK
Banknote referee for: AGO, AZE, BLR, ECS, GEO, HTI, KAZ, KGZ, KOR, MNG, MRT, PMR, PRK, ROK, SWE, TJK, TKM, TUR, UZB, WSM, ZWE
Found 2 photos:

And these are my own coins.
Those are great coins! The reason why I asked for pics was because of thus thread: https://en.numista.com/forum/topic67875.html.
But like you say, both of yours are 1759.
Coin referee for: AZE, FRO, GRL, US-HI, KOR, KGZ, MLI, MHL, MMR, PRK, UZB, SML, TAT, TWN, TJK
Banknote referee for: AGO, AZE, BLR, ECS, GEO, HTI, KAZ, KGZ, KOR, MNG, MRT, PMR, PRK, ROK, SWE, TJK, TKM, TUR, UZB, WSM, ZWE
I'd say that Martins coin is also 1759, not 1769.
Quote: "Ollisaarinen"​I'd say that Martins coin is also 1759, not 1769.
​yeah..and after seeing yours, i'm definitely sure.
I have received a confirmation from Tonkin AB, that there is no 1769 coin. There are two variants of 1759, straight 5 and inclined 5, which is often misinterpreted as 6.
Sent to referees for a check.
Sapientiae plerumque stultitia est comes.
Si c'est un grand plaisir d'être reconnu par ses amis, c'est peut-être encore plus flatteur d'être reconnu par ses adversaires.
Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.
Status changed to Done (pejounet, 6-Mar-2019, 01:39)

» Forum policy

Used time zone is UTC+1:00.
Current time is 06:48.