Unable to access Engravers Name on Australian "Last Anzacs" Silver Coin [solved]

4 posts

This message aims at: requesting the creation or the modification of an engraver or a designer

Upvotes: 0
Downvotes: 0
I have just put in a request for the above coin.
there will be no problem for the Australian referee to ok it.
https://en.numista.com/catalogue/pieces163000.html

But while doing it I was unable to put in the engravers name for the Reverse.
The engraver is "Wojciech Pietranik" who has designed many Australian coins.
No matter how I tried to type in his name it would not accept it.

The normal aluminium version of the coin has his name against the reverse side, so it must be in the database.
https://en.numista.com/catalogue/pieces12609.html

Can this be fixed please?

Regards Mike
Referee for Australia & New Zealand Coins & Exonumia, Papua New Guinea & Cocos & Keeling Islands Coins & Australian Banknotes. I Collect > Australia, UK & Dependancies, NZ Sets, USA & Euros plus Misc Exonumia.
Wojciech Pietranik added to the database. You can submit the change request yourself for the first page to give it a try.

BTW, technically it is not a bug :P
Before being able to select an engraver, his name has to be in the database. Creating new engravers is not available to users so we don't get various letterings for a same name and this also allows to link engravers to a presentation text, weblink and a picture when available.
Few names displayed on the pages are there because they were already mentioned before the functionality was implemented and we didn't want to lose this data. So they are here but not fully in the database hence such cases as this one.

If you spot other cases like this, let me know and we'll add them.;) For further engravers things like this one, please simply open a ticket and select "suggesting the introduction for an engraver". There you can simply give the name of the engraver, link to its Wikipedia page in English and French and link to a picture (example here). Other links than Wikipedia can be accepted if reliable and stable enough.
Sapientiae plerumque stultitia est comes.
Si c'est un grand plaisir d'être reconnu par ses amis, c'est peut-être encore plus flatteur d'être reconnu par ses adversaires.
Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.
Status changed to Done (pejounet, 20-Mar-2019, 23:08)
Thanks Pejounet .. I knew there would be a simple explanation for it. Yes of course this engraver would have been brought over from the old information. But not yet added to the list we can use.

Thanks for doing that. There might be others like this in the Australian section and as I am working through them I will let you know if I find any.

Regards - Mike
Referee for Australia & New Zealand Coins & Exonumia, Papua New Guinea & Cocos & Keeling Islands Coins & Australian Banknotes. I Collect > Australia, UK & Dependancies, NZ Sets, USA & Euros plus Misc Exonumia.
Great! Ready to add them :wiz:
Sapientiae plerumque stultitia est comes.
Si c'est un grand plaisir d'être reconnu par ses amis, c'est peut-être encore plus flatteur d'être reconnu par ses adversaires.
Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.

» Forum policy

Used time zone is UTC+1:00.
Current time is 00:20.