Your banknote with a story behind it (poignant)

4 posts
This is my first, as I actually have two. This is to get the thread going.

When I was 14 years old, I did a paper round and delivered newspapers 6 times a week, and some of the houses were very big and mansion like to me at that time.
A man who lived in a very large bungalow, spoke to me a few days after I had started, requesting that I pushed his daily delivery all of the way though his letterbox, so the newspapers would not get wet, should it rain before he retrieved them. This I agreed to and apologised for not doing it earlier.
A few months later, he came rushing out to speak to me, and said I had forgotten to push them all of the way through his letterbox and they had become damp. I, again apologised, stating that I had thought I had done so, but would take more care in future.
A few days before Christmas, the same man came rushing out after me, and I thought I was in for a real telling off.
To my surprise, he thanked me for keeping up with my promise of his correct delivery process and gave me my Christmas tip, of a 10 Shilling note.

P-368c

I still have this banknote, and it is number 1 in my collection. I am now 66 years old
I'm just a collector of coins, not a slave to it, unless I am in a coin shop.
For all you banknote collectors. Link to my swap list.
https://colnect.com/en/banknotes/list/swap_list/COINMAN1
COINMAN1. I enjoyed the story (and the picture of the note).

Unfortunately, I don't have any tales to recount. My first notes came from traveling when I was (much) younger and, if there were any tales associated with them, I can't recall. Also, thinking back to earlier days, I'm not sure that I would want to publish some events.

Anyway, thanks for the story.
My first silver certificate (and second and third) came from my paper route when I was 11. I was doing my monthly collections for the $1.40 newspaper and the customer gave me 2 $1 bills. One was like nothing I had ever seen (the 25-year-old silver certificate) and asked him if it was legitimate. When he told me what it was, I told him I couldn't accept it, but he insisted.
I still have the note to this day, even though I haven't talked to the man since I quit paper route. He ended up giving me at least two more silver certificates before quitting the route.
JRo69,
Any chance of a photograph?
I'm just a collector of coins, not a slave to it, unless I am in a coin shop.
For all you banknote collectors. Link to my swap list.
https://colnect.com/en/banknotes/list/swap_list/COINMAN1

» Forum policy

Used time zone is UTC+1:00.
Current time is 05:49.