My year long experiment is complete!

11 posts

» Quick access to the last post

At the beginning of April last year I decided I'd try to collect as many different silver coins as I can for free. I got them by picking coins out of bulk lots and then reselling the rest to get my money back, trading coins with other members from lots that I had already made my money back from, and buying a few coins from the profit from splitting up bulk lots.

I'm quite happy with the results. I collected over 130 coins of various ages, sizes, condition, silver content, and country. The coins have a combined silver weight of just over a kilogram and a book value of a couple of thousand dollars.

If you want to see what I've got, I've put pictures of them up on Flickr

https://www.flickr.com/photos/43493775@N06/albums/72157672928696258
What? Me Worry
I had a look at all three pages; very impressive!
kind of niubility. So where did you purchase those bulk lots..
Yes, very nice.
Some nice coins in there to be proud of!

Just a little nitpick though; your Chinese junk dollar is dated 23, which is 1934 rather than 1933.
Wow nice job. Very nice coins you got for just spending your time on.
Very nice indeed, and I appreciate the fact that you post the obverse of a coin before the reverse.
₱o$₮ag€ $₮am₱$ a₹€ mo₹€ £€₲i₮ima₮€ a$ a ƒo₹m oƒ ¢u₹₹€nc¥ ₮ha₦ ₮h€ €₦₮i₹€ "¢oi₦" ₱₹odu¢₮io₦ oƒ ₦au₹u o₹ ₦iu€. ••• £€$ ₮im฿₹€$-₱o$₮€ $o₦₮ ₱£u$ £é₲i₮im€$ €₦ ₮a₦t qu'o฿j€₮$ mo₦é₮ai₹€$ qu€ £a ₱₹odu¢₮io₦ €₦₮iè₹€ d€ «mo₦₦ai€$» d€ ₦au₹u ou d€ ₦iu€.
Quote: "Camerinvs"​Very nice indeed, and I appreciate the fact that you post the obverse of a coin before the reverse.
​The album is sorted alphabetically so "OB" comes before "RE" Normally I would put the reverse first :°
What? Me Worry
Quote: "aephi"​kind of niubility. So where did you purchase those bulk lots..
​Sorry but he has an inside man, no one else is getting deals like this unless they are dealers...
Taking a break from swapping for a while, but still interested in pre 1799 Spanish coins, I will make time for that!

Looking for pre 1783 coins
Quote: "redsmithstudios"
Quote: "aephi"​kind of niubility. So where did you purchase those bulk lots..
​​Sorry but he has an inside man, no one else is getting deals like this unless they are dealers...
​<winks and taps nose with finger>
What? Me Worry
What!!? surely there is no problem with 'Nudge nudge, wink wink? Good on ya mate for your collectionability. (yep, that is actually what I said). Kind Regards KK

» Forum policy

Used time zone is UTC+1:00.
Current time is 16:06.