Rare coin in circulation in the USA

19 posts

» Quick access to the last post

https://www.usmint.gov/news/inside-the-mint/mint-releases-first-ever-w-quarters-into-circulation

https://www.coinworld.com/news/us-coins/2019/04/us-mint-strikes-west-point-quarters-for-circulation.all.html

look out for these. 2 million of each design w mint mark
Thank you for that very interesting and useful information. I will definitely be looking out for those.
Time to get a box of quarters from the bank!
I might have to clear my bank out of quarters
Quote: "KLiao"​I might have to clear my bank out of quarters
​Seriously!

how much will these little gems be worth?
Taking a break from swapping for a while, but still interested in pre 1799 Spanish coins, I will make time for that!

Looking for pre 1783 coins
Quote: "redsmithstudios"
​​Seriously!

​how much will these little gems be worth?
​Time will tell. Very limited numbers and I would imagine many of these W mint quarters will circulate unnoticed by the general public so if you can get them right out of a roll from a bank, those will be the nicest ones and who knows what they will be valued at in a few years.
Amazing that not even the US mint knows the difference between its ans it's. ``-
Coin referee for: AZE, FRO, GRL, US-HI, KOR, KGZ, MLI, MHL, MMR, PRK, UZB, SML, TAT, TWN, TJK
Banknote referee for: AGO, AZE, BLR, ECS, GEO, HTI, KAZ, KGZ, KOR, MNG, MRT, PMR, PRK, ROK, SWE, TJK, TKM, TUR, UZB, WSM, ZWE
This is in connection with National Coin Week and the Great American Coin Hunt, coming up the week of 21st-27th April. It looks like the quarters will not start into circulation until end of April/early May. But the 21st-27th April, dealers in U.S. will be releasing various collectible coins into circulation, also coins with stickers on them that will be redeemable for $100 in merchandise at local coin shops. The linked page doesn’t mention the latter information, but unless something has changed, this is still going forward. ANA page with more info: https://www.money.org/numismatic-events/national-coin-week ~ so for those in the U.S., be on the lookout soon for coins :)
Quote: "redsmithstudios"
Quote: "KLiao"​I might have to clear my bank out of quarters
​​Seriously!

​how much will these little gems be worth?
​I don’t know. All I know is I just want some a full set of all 5 coins preferably.

But keep in mind they won’t be clumped together in a box, since they are randomly mixed in the large bags of coins. So opening the rolls to search will be necessary.
Did any one find any yet?
Quote: "KLiao"​Did any one find any yet?
​I found three of W mint mark American Memorial Park, Northern Mariana Islands) after searching through probably 500-600 quarters.

My son found two of W mint mark War in the Pacific National Historical Park, Guam after searching about 300 quarters.

I bought two of the W mint mark Lowell National Historical Park, Massachusetts for us on Ebay so we each have the first 3 so far.

Now I cannot find any banks that have any rolls of 2019 quarters, I suppose I could request my bank order some in hopes that 2019's come in but its a gamble and they won't like being stuck with hundreds of dollars in quarters when I deposit them back into my account.
Quote: "bradgsmit"
​​I found three of W mint mark American Memorial Park, Northern Mariana Islands) after searching through probably 500-600 quarters.

​My son found two of W mint mark War in the Pacific National Historical Park, Guam after searching about 300 quarters.

​I bought two of the W mint mark Lowell National Historical Park, Massachusetts for us on Ebay so we each have the first 3 so far.

​Now I cannot find any banks that have any rolls of 2019 quarters, I suppose I could request my bank order some in hopes that 2019's come in but its a gamble and they won't like being stuck with hundreds of dollars in quarters when I deposit them back into my account.
​wow lucky you! I’ve searched about $5000 in quarters and haven’t found a single one!
Quote: "KLiao"
Quote: "bradgsmit"

​​​I found three of W mint mark American Memorial Park, Northern Mariana Islands) after searching through probably 500-600 quarters.
​​
​​My son found two of W mint mark War in the Pacific National Historical Park, Guam after searching about 300 quarters.
​​
​​I bought two of the W mint mark Lowell National Historical Park, Massachusetts for us on Ebay so we each have the first 3 so far.
​​
​​Now I cannot find any banks that have any rolls of 2019 quarters, I suppose I could request my bank order some in hopes that 2019's come in but its a gamble and they won't like being stuck with hundreds of dollars in quarters when I deposit them back into my account.
​​wow lucky you! I’ve searched about $5000 in quarters and haven’t found a single one!
​Find any W's yet? I currently have 4 extra San Antonio Mission quarters. Two banks today had full boxes of just San Antonio's got two rolls and found 2 W's. Haven't found any of the Wilderness of no return yet :-( need two of those to complete our sets.
I have seen very few 2019 quarters at all, let alone Ws. I'm still looking for the Voyageurs quarter from '18!
If seen some 2019. Still very frustrated that I haven’t found any W’s. A family member of mine found a W in a box that barely had any 2019!?!
You must be far from a distribution point. There is one in Salt Lake City and most banks even 90 miles away have new coins fairly quickly. I work in SLC so I can hit lots of Wells Fargo banks.
Quote: "bradgsmit"​You must be far from a distribution point. There is one in Salt Lake City and most banks even 90 miles away have new coins fairly quickly. I work in SLC so I can hit lots of Wells Fargo banks.
I’m just an hour north of Chicago which was a distribution location​
Here is one W mint quarter for sale on eBay, with free shipping
https://www.ebay.com/itm/2019-W-Lowell-National-Park-Quarter-W-mint-mark-Quarter-ever/312659617399?hash=item48cbf72677:g:1EQAAOSwMnJdBtTl

Went to the movie theatre with my granddaughter to see Frozen 2, and got this 'W' in change.

» Forum policy

Used time zone is UTC+1:00.
Current time is 22:23.