Menu

Sorting "My coins" based on "Reference number"

7 posts

This message aims at: suggesting an idea to improve Numista

Votes: 2
mikimaus
Hi

Would it be too hard to implement a possibility to show and sort "my coins" or tokens based only on "Issuer" and "Reference number" user chooses? In case user selects one issuer Numista displays in drop-down menu only those references, which are available in Numista catalog for chosen issuer/country and only coins/tokens with these references are displayed. If no reference is selected, all coins within chosen issuer/country are displayed. Coins are sorted upwards (from first on) regarding the reference number. Also an option "No reference" within reference drop-down menu would be great in order to easily recognize coins/tokens without this data - so that anyone can add missing stuff faster. Tokens should be split at least by countries in order to have better search results.

I can imagine first replies shall be - "you can easily see these references just by checking all coins below (in "My coins" page)" or "you just check one of your collections (newly added feature)". Well for starters, coins in both ways are not displayed upwards based on reference number, and secondly - there are always some coins (especially tokens) which do not hold any reference yet in catalog (at least are not yet recognized by reference holder, so no reference can be added).

Simplified: the idea is to see all KM's from first to the last I have in my collection.

It has probably been asked before...
Thank you.
Cerulean
I want the ability to sort by any parameter.
aephi
as an alternative you can filter and sort in Excel
Status changed to Accepted (Xavier, 12-Apr-2019, 02:00PM)
Xavier Site admin
Hello,
It's now possible to sort "My coins" by reference number, face value, ruler or date. It's not possible to choose which reference catalogue is use though: similarly to the sort of the catalogue, coins are sorted by their first reference.
Status changed to Implemented (Xavier, 15-Oct-2019, 10:37PM)
mikimaus
Many thanks!
mikimaus
Hi
This feature work only on first reference number. In scenario where of 50 coins half have KM# and others some other reference and KM# on second place, sorting is done only thru reference number, which is added as first to the coin or token. Is there perhaps some way this could be somehow upgraded? Otherwise the feature is great, even more your selection stays the same once changed.
thanks & LP
Xavier Site admin
For information, the improvement on search by reference is tracked here: https://en.numista.com/forum/topic83883.html

Used time zone is UTC+1:00.
Current time is 01:42AM.