Menu

Weimar Waldeck 3 Reichsmark weight - KM# 62

oggy Numista team, Moderator
The numista page states: "Theoretical weight is 15 g but actually measured weight on a proof coin is 13.6 g, which actually corresponds to the 0.24 oz of silver content." https://en.numista.com/catalogue/pieces44133.html

However my coin [also a proof] is 15.03g. Does anybody else have this coin [either in proof or non proof, please state] so we can verify the weight.
Idolenz
All the 3 Mark coins of that time should way 15g I can't think why a proof should be any different when usig the same planchets just with higher die pressure und polished dies.
Most likely the person weighting had a fake.

oggy Numista team, Moderator
Quote: "Idolenz"​All the 3 Mark coins of that time should way 15g I can't think why a proof should be any different when usig the same planchets just with higher die pressure und polished dies.
​Most likely the person weighting had a fake.

I would imagine the same. However given it is apuking with the original comment and coin, I thought it worthy of further investigation.
apuking
I think mine was 15g, but Im not sure anymore as I had sold the coin a long time ago. Comment must have been added by someone else
If you like coins, medals and tokens with ship motives follow my new instagram account with regular updates @numisnautiker
loruca
@CassTaylor has one.
She's been parading it lately, and I bet this will be an excellent opportunity for it to grace this thread, along with a weight of it!
I collect anything: If it's Italian or Italian states i collect it even more!
CassTaylor
Quote: "loruca"​@CassTaylor has one.
​She's been parading it lately, and I bet this will be an excellent opportunity for it to grace this thread, along with a weight of it!
​I do (a non proof), just not the apparatus to weight it with. So I'm afraid I can't be of assistance here. :(
https://www.instagram.com/sophie_numismatique/

Used time zone is UTC+2:00.
Current time is 09:12AM.