swiss francs exchange in basel airport [solved]

10 posts

» Quick access to the last post

Hey guys,
You think i can exchange swiss francs coins in basel airport, without having to actually go to basel, I don't have the time?
Thanks
I'd be surprised if you couldn't, but airport exchange rates are the worst possible you can get.
₱o$₮ag€ $₮am₱$ a₹€ mo₹€ £€₲i₮ima₮€ a$ a ƒo₹m oƒ ¢u₹₹€nc¥ ₮ha₦ ₮h€ €₦₮i₹€ "¢oi₦" ₱₹odu¢₮io₦ oƒ ₦au₹u o₹ ₦iu€. ••• £€$ ₮im฿₹€$-₱o$₮€ $o₦₮ ₱£u$ £é₲i₮im€$ €₦ ₮a₦t qu'o฿j€₮$ mo₦é₮ai₹€$ qu€ £a ₱₹odu¢₮io₦ €₦₮iè₹€ d€ «mo₦₦ai€$» d€ ₦au₹u ou d€ ₦iu€.
99.9% sure you can. Have done it myself at Zurich Airport, it's not Basel, but still Swiss and there were a lot of exchange offices there.
Actually forgot to mention, I don't mind exchanging them into a swiss franc banknote. So swiss coins to swiss banknote
Buy a toblerone, pay cash, ask cashier to change up coins to notes. Job done.
Except you will need a lot of coins. Switzerland is expensive, we went through CHF 50 notes like water. Even a McDonalds meal cost like 16CHF, it was 6€ in Austria!
I love coins
Or you just withdraw from an ATM. ;)
Coin referee for: AZE, FRO, GRL, US-HI, KOR, KGZ, MLI, MHL, MMR, PRK, UZB, SML, TAT, TWN, TJK
Banknote referee for: AGO, AZE, BLR, ECS, GEO, HTI, KAZ, KGZ, KOR, MNG, MRT, PMR, PRK, ROK, SWE, TJK, TKM, TUR, UZB, WSM, ZWE
So I won't look like a freak asking for exchange of around 100 CHF coins in what is the territory of France:`
Yeah, it worked. Most of the shops in the airport use CHF. They agreed to change instantly
Status changed to Solved (kommodore, 20-May-2019, 14:16)
Quote: "kommodore"​Yeah, it worked. Most of the shops in the airport use CHF. They agreed to change instantly

I'm glad it worked, but to be honest ​I really can't see why they wouldn't allow you to do that.
Coin referee for: AZE, FRO, GRL, US-HI, KOR, KGZ, MLI, MHL, MMR, PRK, UZB, SML, TAT, TWN, TJK
Banknote referee for: AGO, AZE, BLR, ECS, GEO, HTI, KAZ, KGZ, KOR, MNG, MRT, PMR, PRK, ROK, SWE, TJK, TKM, TUR, UZB, WSM, ZWE

» Forum policy

Used time zone is UTC+1:00.
Current time is 12:17.