First Series FIVE euro banknote

6 posts
Hi everyone,

I am not sure if they are hard to find or if I looked for them in the wrong places, but I am looking for a FIVE (5) euro banknote of the first series. I haven't seen them in circulation for some years (unfortunately), but I would like to swap or buy one somehow/somewhere.

Do you guys have any tips or recommendations of where this banknote can be obtained?

Thanks very much!
The place to buy it

http://www.atsnotes.com/banknotes/world-af.html

Just to take note its a little pricey. 25 dollars (maybe usd). They do sell but I am not sure if it's the one that you wanted as there are many variants. You can use their catalogue to double check also.
Be kind to people. Sharing is Caring. Collect what you like and not by the Crowd.
To seek for perfection, it is too painful and there is a very high price to pay. To seek for something comfortable is more easy. To seek for nothing is even more easy.
Thank you, that is exactly the one I am looking for!

However, the price, unfortunately, is not really what I am looking for. Thanks for your suggestion, but I will keep looking a futher :)
Quote: "rudychambon"​Thank you, that is exactly the one I am looking for!

​However, the price, unfortunately, is not really what I am looking for. Thanks for your suggestion, but I will keep looking a futher :)
​No problem. Usually if I cannot find my last place would be here atsnotes. But consider if the note is very rare and or have been looking too long, I do not want to get the hassle of getting fakes, I would go for atsnotes to rid of all doubts once and for all. The most I could wait for a note is 2 years. I also have some euro note that is left over during my trip to France 2014.
Be kind to people. Sharing is Caring. Collect what you like and not by the Crowd.
To seek for perfection, it is too painful and there is a very high price to pay. To seek for something comfortable is more easy. To seek for nothing is even more easy.
Have you tried finding one on colnect? If you have notes to trade it shouldn't be hard to set up a trade with someone to get that 5 euro note.
You can still get them as change in every European Union member state, but it's quite rare. I remember getting 2-3 of those in my change in 2018, one of them even had the rare Duisenberg signature but it was in heavy circulated condition. Probably some kid's savings that he/she finally decided to spend after saving it for many years. I kept it and now it's in my collection. :) I remember that someone told me that the EU has a policy that the 2002 series are not delibarately taken from circulation, but banks are not allowed to distribute them anymore. Not entirely sure of this theory, because I see 2002 series 50 euro notes quite often.
"For by telling them of many things without teaching them you will make them seem to know much, while for the most part they know nothing"
-Plato

» Forum policy

Used time zone is UTC+1:00.
Current time is 00:33.