Menu

Selling coins from Iran

apuking
Hello,

Im planning a big sale on Ebay of coins from Afghanistan, India and Iran.

all my Iran listings have been deleted by Ebay for infringing on international embargo situation.
does the international embargo really also include non circulating old coins that are over 100 years old?
How do you do for selling coins from Iran?

looking forward to your thoughts and ideas on this this,

Paul
If you like coins, medals and tokens with ship motives follow my new instagram account with regular updates @numisnautiker
anarchisto
I've seen that some sellers just avoid saying Iran in the listing.

Apparently, eBay is OK with using "Persia" instead.
bjherbison
Other sellers just give the denomination and date (and possibly ruler), with no explicit mention of country.
worth
Legally, I don't believe the embargo would include the old Iranian coins as they are not coming directly from Iran or an instrument of the current government (an thus source of income) that is the subject of the embargo. However, it is my understanding that eBay takes the position that no Iranian items may be sold as it would require them to monitor each auction to see if the coins/items were legal or not. Its just much easier for them to say no Iranian (or Cuban, North Korean, etc.) and not incur the risk something will violate the embargo.
apuking
Thanks guys for the comments, I had also tried to add the listings with a small l instead of the large i of Iran but that also was deleted.

I think I might try it with Persia.

Cheers,

Paul
If you like coins, medals and tokens with ship motives follow my new instagram account with regular updates @numisnautiker
Moneytane
Or just say "Old Arabic coins - unsure of country" or use some fanciful prose like "Aladdin may have used these on his magic carpet in Isfahan".
I love coins, both old and precious and also change coins. If its round and shiny, it will garner my interest. I also collect stamps and have an abiding interest in History, Archaeology,  and Social Issues.  I also worship the musical god Prince.
Arusak
Would you be willing to share your ebay page when these go live? I might be interested in some of these coins.
halfdisme
Ebay expands the ban of the embargo to every coin ever minted for an embargoed country. 75% of my Cuban coins they threw off were minted in Philadelphia, before the Communist regime!
apuking
Thanks guys, I guess most are just ill informed and when they think about illegal trade of currency they do not regard if new or if its a currency that does not circulate anymore.

Arusak, yes I can share it but on the Swaps and Trade forum, it will be on this Thursday afternoon CET
Moneytane
Hopefully the demise of Donald Trump and the election of amore liberal US leader may see the end of these barbaric and ancient restrictions. Seriously America carries on like it has a colonial bull and its 1911.
I love coins, both old and precious and also change coins. If its round and shiny, it will garner my interest. I also collect stamps and have an abiding interest in History, Archaeology,  and Social Issues.  I also worship the musical god Prince.
apuking
Everyone is open to own political or religious beliefs but please lets not talk about that here as we also have guidlines not to talk politics or religions on here
apuking
First few coins are now up with more in the comming hours.
https://en.numista.com/forum/topic82578.html#p705045

Used time zone is UTC+2:00.
Current time is 02:52AM.