Menu

1998 ELIZABETH II ONE PENNY UNITED KINGDOM NON MAGNETIC

davitch
IS THERE SUCH A COIN AS A 1998 ELIZABETH II ONE PENNY UNITED KINGDOM NON MAGNETIC COIN? ALSO A 1979 ELIZABETH II NEW PENNY UNITED KINGDOM NON MAGNETIC COIN?
David L Vance
Mr. Midnight
If I am reading the catalog right, all one pennies prior to 1992 are bronze and so are not magnetic.

in 1992 only, a small number of bronze pennies were released in mint sets, besides the 254Million business strikes which were steel.

all pennies after 1992 are steel and should be magnetic. If you have a 1998 penny which is non-magnetic, that might be of interest, i have not found any mention of any known.

in 1998 only, there were bronze two pence coins produced, which are non magnetic, as well as steel ones.
Jamais l'or n'a perdu la plus petite occasion de se montrer stupide. -Balzac
davitch
I want to thank you for your time and for getting back to me. I've been trying to get someone that could answer my questions again thanks and if you don't mind if I have further questions can I post you or would you rather I go through the forum? :) thanks again
David L Vance
Mr. Midnight
feel free to post questions here. that is what the forum is for.
I have often learned something I did not know when someone asked a question.
Jamais l'or n'a perdu la plus petite occasion de se montrer stupide. -Balzac
brismike
Agree with Mr Midnight ... in 1992 there were 2 different types ....

Non-Magnetic Bronze - https://en.numista.com/catalogue/pieces861.html - 122 thousand minted
Magnetic-Copper plated steel - https://en.numista.com/catalogue/pieces860.html - 253 million minted

You only find the Bronze coins in UNC and Proof Sets.

A similar thing happened in 1998 and 1999 with the 2 pence coin.

Cheers Mike
Collecting - Australian RAM Decimal, UK Decimal, USA Modern & Euros.
Got a question about Aussie RAM Decimal coins? .. I probably can provide the answer. :)
davitch
Thanks also for the heads up no i'm not collecting Australian coins just had a few I thought I would sell again thanks
David L Vance

Used time zone is UTC+2:00.
Current time is 03:14PM.