Map Countries Not Displayed

7 posts

This message aims at: suggesting an idea to improve Numista

Upvotes: 1
Downvotes: 0
Hi,
When you hover over a country on the world map it will highlight the country name, If you do or do not have a coin.
However it won't show all of the names that country is known by.
An example is The Soviet Union. It does not show the names of the new countries if you have a coin from the USSR.
The same is true for Mongolia if you only have a China Empire coin.
I see that if you don't have a coin the name is black, and if you do it's blue and you can click to see your own coins.
Is it possible to have the map show all the names, and the country name you don't have in Black?

Thanks,

Vern
Quote: "Vern"​Is it possible to have the map show all the names, and the country name you don't have in Black?

​That would be a lot of names in black. Imagine all German states, Swiss cantons, Indian states, etc. No thank you, I don't want to see all names the names of areas I don't have. It would be sooooo messy.
Coin referee for: AZE, FRO, GRL, US-HI, KOR, KGZ, MLI, MHL, MMR, PRK, UZB, SML, TAT, TWN, TJK
Banknote referee for: AGO, AZE, BLR, ECS, GEO, HTI, KAZ, KGZ, KOR, MNG, MRT, PMR, PRK, ROK, SWE, TJK, TKM, TUR, UZB, WSM, ZWE
If I understand correctly and it is about displaying all names we don't have within the tooltip, it will be no.
The info is already there below the map and it would be hell of a display for some issuers. :8D(8
Sapientiae plerumque stultitia est comes.
Si c'est un grand plaisir d'être reconnu par ses amis, c'est peut-être encore plus flatteur d'être reconnu par ses adversaires.
Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.
Status changed to Rejected (Xavier, 28-May-2019, 21:43)
Let's put this in numbers, shall we?

Vern, according to your stats you have:
131 countries
158 issuers

On Numista there are currently:
297 countries
1,710 issuers

So, on you map you want to add names of:
166 countries
1,552 issuers

You understand it will be messy, right?
Coin referee for: AZE, FRO, GRL, US-HI, KOR, KGZ, MLI, MHL, MMR, PRK, UZB, SML, TAT, TWN, TJK
Banknote referee for: AGO, AZE, BLR, ECS, GEO, HTI, KAZ, KGZ, KOR, MNG, MRT, PMR, PRK, ROK, SWE, TJK, TKM, TUR, UZB, WSM, ZWE
Ok, I understand - all good :)
Actually it's not - all Good.

So when I hover over Guyana, it says I have so many coins from France.
That is really helpful and informative - NOT!!
I think it is misinformative and deceptive.
It doesn't help me to add to my collection at all.

Vern
Quote: "Vern"​Actually it's not - all Good.

​So when I hover over Guyana, it says I have so many coins from France.
​That is really helpful and informative - NOT!!
​I think it is misinformative and deceptive.
​It doesn't help me to add to my collection at all.

​Vern
​That is French Guiana, and they used the French franc and are now using the Euro, that's why it get marked as well.

» Forum policy

Used time zone is UTC+1:00.
Current time is 14:27.