Menu

examples of grading?

aephi
https://www.raritetus.ru/texts/skolko-stoit-moneta/
I think the XF in this article should be VF in my dictionary, are there more examples?
Saber82
Hi, I looked at it using Google English translation. This article is pretty good example. I think the xf is correct. Because although the side with the Crest the details are 10 to 20 percent wear out, it is still OK. Most coins like this after circulate instantly becomes xf then drops very fast to vf. Because the Crest wears out very easily. Never the less a very good article. 2 thumbs up. :`
Be kind to people. Sharing is Caring. Collect what you like and not by the Crowd.
To seek for perfection, it is too painful and there is a very high price to pay. To seek for something comfortable is more easy. To seek for nothing is even more easy.
Saber82
https://www.pcgs.com/grades

The above is also a reference. At some point I disagree with the details but I am not a expert in this area.
Be kind to people. Sharing is Caring. Collect what you like and not by the Crowd.
To seek for perfection, it is too painful and there is a very high price to pay. To seek for something comfortable is more easy. To seek for nothing is even more easy.
aephi
Quote: "Saber82"https://www.pcgs.com/grades

​The above is also a reference. At some point I disagree with the details but I am not a expert in this area.
I watched serval videos on Youtube, mostly accord to the PCGS guide, but AU in PCGS guide looks like XF in Numista's Numisdoc. Is this because there is a difference between US and UK / Europe grading system? Or maybe the United States silver coins is not a good coin to make examples
Saber82
Quote: "aephi"
Quote: "Saber82"https://www.pcgs.com/grades
​​
​​The above is also a reference. At some point I disagree with the details but I am not a expert in this area.
​I watched serval videos on Youtube, mostly accord to the PCGS guide, but AU in PCGS guide looks like XF in Numista's Numisdoc. Is this because there is a difference between US and UK / Europe grading system? Or maybe the United States silver coins is not a good coin to make examples
​Honestly, I think numistic a is doing fine. And I don like pcgs grading system. Why is it so? (you will understand why I say at some point I disagree in my previous post. )

If you look at ms 63 to 60, it says unc, but poorly minted with hairline marks and so on. Now think of this a new car. ZERO mileage. But hairline strachs every where! Wat? Just like that out of the factory? Come on, you have to be kidding me. So why do things like this happen? What do they look out for?

Answer. They look out for weak strikes or those places where if there is circulation, it will have wear easily. Espically the hair details and edges. They grad their coins in this way followed by the wear on the field. So I hate to say this buy they grade it like this and not to eye appeal.

Eye appeal wise, Ms 50 and 55, looks great to me. Ms 70 to 67 look great to me but the price wise is going to be pain in the nuts for me. Ms 53 have a few fingerprint marks. Ms 45 to 35 if I cannot afford but they are so cheap, OK I will go for it. 35 and below are a nah for me.

Most importantly to grade a coin very well, you need to have a very good grading samples to compare 1st hand. And the understanding of the minting of the coin is also very important. Espically on the details on where will be wearing out 1st. I still remember very fondly there is a forum on aunc coins. And I feel that it is a xf because of a strach. And I do not want to debate from there. Because really need a original 1st piece from mint to compare is the best.

Used time zone is UTC+2:00.
Current time is 05:08PM.