Menu

Thaler or not?

AYMAN SHALABI
Dear friends
Please I need to identify this coin is it a real thaler or not? The coin its uncleaned .
Please help
Idolenz
https://en.numista.com/catalogue/pieces21962.html

can't say anything about authenticity

CassTaylor
The obverse looks almost passable but the reverse condemns it as a fake for me. Would not spend my money on.
AYMAN SHALABI
Quote: "CassTaylor"​The obverse looks almost passable but the reverse condemns it as a fake for me. Would not spend my money on.
​What causes the face to look fake
AYMAN SHALABI
Quote: "Idolenz"https://en.numista.com/catalogue/pieces21962.html

​can't say anything about authenticity
​ i relly cant contact with him and i need expert to help me ...about this thaler
bjherbison
When I compare your images with other images of that type there are too many small things that are off in your images. Die variations exist, but generally not with that many differences for a Thaler.
AYMAN SHALABI
Quote: "bjherbison"​When I compare your images with other images of that type there are too many small things that are off in your images. Die variations exist, but generally not with that many differences for a Thaler.

Is the version compared to the same date and character and do you have pictures of his own It is known that the sack in the sixth and seventeenth century were changing the templates and not fixed can change the same version and date
kommodore
I think it's real
halfdisme
Stating the size and weight always helps.
Sody2005
Quote: "halfdisme"​Stating the size and weight always helps.
​thanks you the size and weight is right for the thaler as same in catalogue
Ryurazu
Possibly real, most probably a re strike that has been circulate so actually might be quite old, BUT IS ALMOST DEFINITELY NOT ORIGINAL as if it was original more than 300yr old and would have distinct aging to the coin as it not. As to whether there are fakes there would be but majority are just good restrikes or tampered with restrikes.

As to value that's very hard to assess but should be worth melt if not slightly more.
FransHendrix
The image quality is not good enough to say it is real for certain. If you're going t sell it you should make better photos

Used time zone is UTC+2:00.
Current time is 05:07PM.