Pappers like this

4 posts
Dear Sirs.
My friend from Poland has got about 200 pcs pappers like photos.
If somebody would be interested in buying (or eventually swap) please write (PM or mail: bprysak(at)poczta.onet.pl.
Regards, Bohdan
This paper is called "certificate of stock" which confirms someone's ownership of a certain number of shares making a part of a company's capital.
Well, this is the first time ever I see this kind of documents being traded.
What makes them collectible? Could this document be owned by someone else than its "real" owner? :.
There's a whole market for old stock certificates! Just go to ebay... there are sites devoted to this market.
I have bought some that were issued in the 30s by the company where some of my ancestors were partners (their signature is on the certificates! Isn't that cool?)
As with coins, they go from a few bucks to 100's or 1000's for particularly historically valuable ones.
Coin enthusiast, always learning
They are basically banknotes in terms of collector's value: old monetary documents with historical value and nice decoration. I bought a bunch of them recently because of the beautiful art nouveau designs. Don't really have an interest in these documents in general, but I do appreciate the ones that I have :)

By the way, if anyone is interested in these, I also have lots of doubles to sell :)
"For by telling them of many things without teaching them you will make them seem to know much, while for the most part they know nothing"
-Plato
Topic locked (Numista Robot, 7-Oct-2019, 06:06)
Topic moved to "Exonumia swaps" (ZacUK, 8-Sep-2022, 19:22)

» Forum policy

Used time zone is UTC+1:00.
Current time is 11:16.