Menu

Serious Valuation [solved]

3 posts
klei92
Yeah, as tittle, today in one spanish second hand web where i have some coins to sell, one user contacted me about this coin - 1 New Penny - Elizabeth II 2nd portrait year 1971 :|

When he contacted me i didnt remember even which coin was (i was not able to imagine the coin i mean) and wich price i had there at the site, so i told him, to end quicly, that he could get it for 1€. Then he started ask me a lot about the coin, and he was ultra serious about the rarity and the high value of this one.

He ended the conversation with something like: for 1 euro each, i buy you all coins like this you have.

Since i saw the values in Numista (as high as 0.15€ AU) , i have plenty of them (with 1,521,666,250 minted....)...

This is junk right? i am not missing nothing B.?

Pictures of the actual coin, I can not see anything special except the double tonality whose motive I do not know
Se queres ca muller che queira, ten diñeiro na carteira
Coinman48
Here is another thread discussing the weird beliefs of some that similar 2 new pence coin has any special value. Seems to be some sort of scam spreading among sellers.
https://en.numista.com/forum/topic83943.html

Will
klei92
Quote: "Coinman48"​Here is another thread discussing the weird beliefs of some that similar 2 new pence coin has any special value. Seems to be some sort of scam spreading among sellers.
https://en.numista.com/forum/topic83943.html

​Will
​Or buyers in this case.

Its not the first time that i got contacted there by users that directly told me that they were going to do some type of scam (and in the end i didnt want to trade with them nothing), but this time got me totally disconected because, as i said, of his seriousness about the value and the fact that i was not able to imagine the coin (by the way all i have there to sell is junk despite some Maravedies).

Well, ok, nothing new under the sun z)
Se queres ca muller che queira, ten diñeiro na carteira
Status changed to Solved (klei92, 8-Jul-2019, 09:47PM)
Topic locked (Numista Robot, 7-Oct-2019, 06:06AM)

Used time zone is UTC+2:00.
Current time is 11:59PM.