Menu

Advanced Search - My collection ("Wish coins" option)

13 posts

This message aims at: suggesting an idea to improve Numista

Votes: 10
afpcoins
Hi everybody!

I think it would be useful to add in Advanced Search in My collection filter ("Wish coins" option).

Seems to me, it can be easily implemented.

Thanks and Best Regards,
AFPcoins.
Best regards,
afpcoins
Xavier Site admin
Hello,
Just to be sure I understood your request correctly, do you wish to have a new criterion in the advanced search so that the search results show only coins within your wish list?
Also, could you please explain how it could be useful?
Abasurto
Hello,
I was actually thinking about the same feature but with small change, adding not only the "wished for" but also the "don't want the coin filter".

Here's why:

Right now we have a way to filter coins in the search area by Collection status (in, out or both) but sometimes while looking for coins that would complete my collection I have those that I have set as Wished using the Wishlist page with the Criterion feature. Now, with that criterion set still there are some coins that I don't want, so I have manually set those coins, one by one, to as "I don't want this coin".

So, for example, I am collecting non-precious Israelite coins but I don't want the Hannukah types nor some types that don't change in design but only the material used. There's no way to make that distinction using the Criterion feature nor the search, so I have to discriminate manually. So, whenever I search for those Israelite coins I'm missing in my collection to look for them as possible swaps, I will run the following search using my Wishlist: https://en.numista.com/catalogue/index.php?r=&te=y&tb=y&tc=y&tn=&tp=&tt=&cu=y&cat=y&mode=avance&p=1&e=israel&ru=&d=&i=&v=&m=non%20precious&a=&t=&dg=1947-2019&w=&g=&f=&no_cookie=1

The result for all of us is the same but when I run the "Out of collection" filter I see this:

Notice how there are 3 coins in the image I am not interested in, I would like to filter those out so I can have a better picture of how many and what coins I am actually missing to complete my collection goal.

Does that make sense?
SDG
mikimaus
Quote: "afpcoins"​Hi everybody!

​I think it would be useful to add in Advanced Search in My collection filter ("Wish coins" option).

​Seems to me, it can be easily implemented.

​Thanks and Best Regards,
​AFPcoins.
​Maybe this one can be implemented at the same time:
https://en.numista.com/forum/topic82323.html
Best regards!
Abasurto
Quote: "mikimaus"
Quote: "afpcoins"​Hi everybody!
​​
​​I think it would be useful to add in Advanced Search in My collection filter ("Wish coins" option).
​​
​​Seems to me, it can be easily implemented.
​​
​​Thanks and Best Regards,
​​AFPcoins.
​​Maybe this one can be implemented at the same time:
https://en.numista.com/forum/topic82323.html
​Best regards!
​Ahm, I don't know if it can be implemented at the same time since it covers something different although the feature you request is a good idea.
SDG
afpcoins
Quote: "Xavier"​Hello,
​Just to be sure I understood your request correctly, do you wish to have a new criterion in the advanced search so that the search results show only coins within your wish list?
​Also, could you please explain how it could be useful?
​Hello, Xavier. Thanks for your reply.

I guess, it could have the same usefulness as option "In" in My collection filter (Advanced Search).

As far as understand collectors use "wish" mark ("heart") on coin profile very often (for instance, focusing on that coins they missed in their collection).

The idea is just to get list of missed coins in the collection by filtering "Adv search".

So if Advanced Search.My Collection has "In" why we cannot have "Wish".

As for me, I constantly experience a lack of this option. For example, if I want to filter only wish coins across Russia I have to open all the list and look through 28 pages one by one.

Sure, most of collectors have wish coins scattered across the "World", so fetching all missed coins is routine process at the moment.

"My collection" and "Wish" lists may be overlapped, so if the community likes this suggestion a new option could be added as separate filter. (just my opinion, it depends on DB data model, of course).

Thanks & Best Regards,
AFPcoins
Best regards,
afpcoins
Abasurto
Any comments on this topic?
I think it would be very helpful to have those filters in the Advanced search.
Regards,
Alex
SDG
Status changed to Accepted (Xavier, 3-Oct-2019, 10:12PM)
JAY
Hi All,

I read about the Advanced Search Option based on Wish Coin and Non Wish Coin.

It could be one of the most convineant for user like me who have categorised the entire collection on en.numista in 3 category :

1) In Collection
2) Wish List
3) Not in Wish List

I have individually marked more than 150,000 coins either Wished or Not Wished. Issue happens when new coins are added and I can't filter the coins which i have not marked as Wished or Not Wished. It is partically impossible to go through the entire database of 160,000+ coins to see which of them are left out to be marked.

If we get an Advance Search Option where we can search/filter the coins which are yet to be individually marked as Wished or Not wished it will be a great help.

Request for others to add value to this topic if any.

Best Regards,

Jay Sethia
Jay Sethia
Sjoelund
Hi,

for collectors collecting by year this will not work, since the indicator is only for the type...

Ole
Globetrotter
Coin variants in English:
https://sites.google.com/site/coinvarietiescollection/home
In French on Cobra's site (not the same)
https://monnaiesetvarietes.numista.com
afpcoins
Hello Xavier.

Could you please give update the status of this accepted potential feature.
Is there any deadline for this feature to be implemented.

P.S. Thanks for your hard efforts!
Best regards,
afpcoins
Status changed to Implemented (Xavier, 26-Jan-2020, 09:28PM)
Xavier Site admin
This is implemented :)
Abasurto
Yay! I love it!
Thank you so much!
SDG
afpcoins
Quote: "Xavier"​This is implemented :)
Good day ​Xavier!

Thanks a lot for the implemented feature. That's what we all needed!
Best regards,
afpcoins

Used time zone is UTC+1:00.
Current time is 07:31AM.