Indian States (perhaps) [solved]

8 posts

» Quick access to the last post

I searched through 94 pages on this site under "indian states" but without hard results.
I have only these 2 images, without dimensions...
Lettering on it points me to Indian coins, but i am not sure, so any help would be greatly appreciated.
Hello, are you the same person as Vladimir Grujic?

Anyway, I have provided part of the answer in another post. At least someone else won't need to start from scratches.
₱o$₮ag€ $₮am₱$ a₹€ mo₹€ £€₲i₮ima₮€ a$ a ƒo₹m oƒ ¢u₹₹€nc¥ ₮ha₦ ₮h€ €₦₮i₹€ "¢oi₦" ₱₹odu¢₮io₦ oƒ ₦au₹u o₹ ₦iu€. ••• £€$ ₮im฿₹€$-₱o$₮€ $o₦₮ ₱£u$ £é₲i₮im€$ €₦ ₮a₦t qu'o฿j€₮$ mo₦é₮ai₹€$ qu€ £a ₱₹odu¢₮io₦ €₦₮iè₹€ d€ «mo₦₦ai€$» d€ ₦au₹u ou d€ ₦iu€.
Quote: "Camerinvs"​Hello, are you the same person as Vladimir Grujic?

​Anyway, I have provided part of the answer in another post. At least someone else won't need to start from scratches.
​No i am not, but i was checking this out for him...didn't know he already had an account here...ill mark this as solved and delete it after few hours to be sure you got this reply...thanks for your help....
Status changed to Solved (ArShin, 14-Jul-2019, 20:00)
Ah, OK!

But the coin's ID has not been established yet. With a little luck, someone will recognize the issuing authority (state or ruler) even though it's missing from the legend. So, you could leave it as "unsolved" for now...
₱o$₮ag€ $₮am₱$ a₹€ mo₹€ £€₲i₮ima₮€ a$ a ƒo₹m oƒ ¢u₹₹€nc¥ ₮ha₦ ₮h€ €₦₮i₹€ "¢oi₦" ₱₹odu¢₮io₦ oƒ ₦au₹u o₹ ₦iu€. ••• £€$ ₮im฿₹€$-₱o$₮€ $o₦₮ ₱£u$ £é₲i₮im€$ €₦ ₮a₦t qu'o฿j€₮$ mo₦é₮ai₹€$ qu€ £a ₱₹odu¢₮io₦ €₦₮iè₹€ d€ «mo₦₦ai€$» d€ ₦au₹u ou d€ ₦iu€.
Status changed to Opened (ArShin, 15-Jul-2019, 02:09)
Quote: "Camerinvs"​Ah, OK!

​But the coin's ID has not been established yet. With a little luck, someone will recognize the issuing authority (state or ruler) even though it's missing from the legend. So, you could leave it as "unsolved" for now...
​Ok then...i unsolved it :)
Thanks
A friend of mine in Indonesia said that the coin is a fals (fulus, pl) coin from Umayyad or Abbasid caliphate era [700-800 CE] and it looks like coin that was struck in Damascus.
That would be more likely than Indian states, IMHO.
Quote: "AldRel"​A friend of mine in Indonesia said that the coin is a fals (fulus, pl) coin from Umayyad or Abbasid caliphate era [700-800 CE] and it looks like coin that was struck in Damascus.
​"Posted by Camerinvs on 16-Jul-2019, 03:45PM
That would be more likely than Indian states, IMHO.

Amazing, thank you both for your help, found it in few searches...
Found many variation on here:
https://www.coinarchives.com/w/results.php?search=umayyad+fals&s=0&results=100
Status changed to Solved (ArShin, 19-Jul-2019, 03:08)

» Forum policy

Used time zone is UTC+1:00.
Current time is 17:03.