Coins for Egypt (1898 - 1952) should include Sudan, South Sudan, and Darfur

4 messages

Ce message a pour but de : demander la création ou la modification d'un pays du catalogue

Statut : Rejeté
Votes pour : 1
Votes contre : 0
There are no coins listed under Sudan from 1898 - 1955. In 1898, Sudan came under British rule with Egypt, and the title of the Sultan (and later Kings Fuad and Farouk) included Sudan (their official title was "His Majesty ______ (Fuad I/Farouk I, by the grace of God, King of Egypt and the Sudan, Sovereign of Nubia, of Kordofan and of Darfur"). Parts of Nubia and all of Kordofan and Darfur are in Sudan (and now South Sudan). In 1953, Britain granted Sudan self-government and they became independent in 1956.

Therefore, it is my belief that on the map, if one has coins from Egypt from 1898 - 1952 (at the very least, from the beginning of the Sultanate of Egypt in 1917, though Sudan was a part of the Mohammed Ali dynasty of Egypt beginning in 1820) then the map for Sudan and South Sudan should also be colored (perhaps through 1956, though maybe from 1953 - 56 it should be colored when British coins are listed).
État rejeté (pejounet, 21-07-2019, 19h29)
Unfortunately, it is not possible to separate map display like this by date. Map display is related to issuer, while here the dates are related to a currency within an issuer.
Sapientiae plerumque stultitia est comes.
Si c'est un grand plaisir d'être reconnu par ses amis, c'est peut-être encore plus flatteur d'être reconnu par ses adversaires.
Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.
What's the difference between this and having about a dozen countries be highlighted on the map when you add a coin from the Ottoman Empire?
If you want to highlight only specific countries on the map for let's say coins between 1700 and 1800 it is not possible either.
Coins between 1700 and 1800 are defined through currency system that is not related to the map.
Display cannot be done through currencies, only through issuers.
Sapientiae plerumque stultitia est comes.
Si c'est un grand plaisir d'être reconnu par ses amis, c'est peut-être encore plus flatteur d'être reconnu par ses adversaires.
Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.

» Charte d'utilisation du forum

Le fuseau horaire utilisé est UTC+1:00.
L'heure actuelle est 16h48.