quarter dollar error coins

13 posts

» Quick access to the last post

1. hello all masters. I hope everything will be fine. I am new to numismatics.I get a quarter of a coin from the dollar amount in 2000p. weight of 5.80gram. the color is green. is it thicker than other places. head higher. find it strange to see it. there are several fold. what kind of error or normal. before I say thank you. sorry englishI am very bad.
Nasution
Just a normal quarter
Quote: "KLiao"​Just a normal quarter
​but the weight of 5.80 and in the hand feels different. Then double head the statue in the back. Is that a mistake. Is it normal. Thank you
Nasution
Yes your quarter is completely normal. It weighs around the same, depending on what scale your using. And the man on the back does not have a double head, just his hat
Quote: "KLiao"​Yes your quarter is completely normal. It weighs around the same, depending on what scale your using. And the man on the back does not have a double head, just his hat
​I use a scale like this. Figure (1) .5.63 in 2002d. image (2) 5.81gram 2000p.I mean excessive engine pressure. Rough surfaces and scratches. I'm still mistaken
Nasution
It looks like a normal quarter to me... I guess you are confused about the man’s hat on the obverse... I assume they must be generic abrasions..
Quote: "sarikanair"​It looks like a normal quarter to me... I guess you are confused about the man’s hat on the obverse... I assume they must be generic abrasions..
​what I'm confused about is the weight?
Nasution
Quote: "Burhanuddin"
Quote: "sarikanair"​It looks like a normal quarter to me... I guess you are confused about the man’s hat on the obverse... I assume they must be generic abrasions..
​​what I'm confused about is the weight?
​the weight can very depending on how accurate your scale is and if it’s calibrated. There’s is nothing wrong about your quarter.
Quote: "KLiao"

​​​what I'm confused about is the weight?
​​the weight can very depending on how accurate your scale is and if it’s calibrated. There’s is nothing wrong about your quarter.
​I have more than three times calibrated the scale and always got the same result. Then I went to the shop where the gold seller weighed 5.86gram
Nasution

​​

​​​​what I'm confused about is the weight?
​​​the weight can very depending on how accurate your scale is and if it’s calibrated. There’s is nothing wrong about your quarter.
​​I have more than three times calibrated the scale and always got the same result. Then I went to the shop where the gold seller weighed 5.86gram
​It could be where your coin was stamped out of the strip was a bit thicker accounting for the gain in weight. That being said there is no extra premium on your coin above the face value

​​

​​​
​​

​​​​​what I'm confused about is the weight?
​​​​the weight can very depending on how accurate your scale is and if it’s calibrated. There’s is nothing wrong about your quarter.
​​​I have more than three times calibrated the scale and always got the same result. Then I went to the shop where the gold seller weighed 5.86gram
​​It could be where your coin was stamped out of the strip was a bit thicker accounting for the gain in weight. That being said there is no extra premium on your coin above the face value
​Thank you for your advice
Nasution
Sometimes when people try to make rings out of coins and dont finisish them the coin gains thickness...
Hi I was wondering if anyone can tell me if this could be an error?

» Forum policy

Used time zone is UTC+1:00.
Current time is 12:14.