Can someone tell me which American banknote this is? [solved]

3 posts
Was watching "A Million Ways to Die in the West" a while back and a $1 note is the focus of a joke about inflation ("Take off your hat boy, that's a DOLLAR BILL!") in the film. :D

I was wondering if anyone can identify the exact note they used for the prop? It's visible for a few seconds in this clip here at 0:50. This was when National Currency was issued by local US banks so it's a red (or brown?) seal issue, but I can't make out much more.

PS; If it helps the film is set in 1882 although the filmmakers might have used a copy of an anachronistic note issued after that for the prop.
Quote: "CassTaylor"​Was watching "A Million Ways to Die in the West" a while back and a $1 note is the focus of a joke about inflation ("Take off your hat boy, that's a DOLLAR BILL!") in the film. :D

​I was wondering if anyone can identify the exact note they used for the prop? It's visible for a few seconds in this clip here at 0:50. This was when National Currency was issued by local US banks so it's a red (or brown?) seal issue, but I can't make out much more.

​PS; If it helps the film is set in 1882 although the filmmakers might have used a copy of an anachronistic note issued after that for the prop.
​Could this be it?
1 Dollar
Issued byUnited States of America
DateOriginal (1863) & Series 1875
PrinterAmerican Bank Note Company, New York
TypeNational Currency - First Charter Period

http://www.banknote.ws/COLLECTION/countries/AME/USA/USA-NATIONAL/USAFR0380.htm
American collector living the life in Germany
Status changed to Solved (CassTaylor, 28-Jul-2019, 08:39)
Wow, I do believe it is! Thanks!
Topic moved to "Banknote identifications and valuations" (ZacUK, 12-Oct-2022, 20:09)

» Forum policy

Used time zone is UTC+1:00.
Current time is 09:24.