Menu

Again Banknote sites

15 posts
David52
Again asking for help in locating a site like this only for Banknotes;

Colnect- Doesn't help and doesn't list the banknotes the way they should or at least the way I do.
Realbanknotes- So far I can only list 58 notes until I get more points, may take awhile.
Banknotebank- Doesn't answer my request to join. Tried several time.
Any others anybody knows about?
Like always, thanks for any help.
American collector living the life in Germany
I also collect banknotes swap list in https://colnect.com/en/banknotes/countries/swap_list/David52
Saber82
You can post your questions here. If not just go to banknotenews. Com buy their worldwide catalogue. I know that alot of people are saying alot of forum are not helpful. But buying the catalogue will be the best bet for long run.
Be kind to people. Sharing is Caring. Collect what you like and not by the Crowd.
To seek for perfection, it is too painful and there is a very high price to pay. To seek for something comfortable is more easy. To seek for nothing is even more easy.
David52
Quote: "Saber82"​You can post your questions here. If not just go to banknotenews. Com buy their worldwide catalogue. I know that alot of people are saying alot of forum are not helpful. But buying the catalogue will be the best bet for long run.
​Thanks but I don't need the information on the note. I would like have a place to show them.
I also collect banknotes swap list in https://colnect.com/en/banknotes/countries/swap_list/David52
Dave Angel
Quote: "David52"​​​Thanks but I don't need the information on the note. I would like have a place to show them.

​Why not just start your own Thread in this part of the forum?
"David52's Collection" or suchlike B)
Just a thought.
"I have banknote fever"
David52
Quote: "Dave Angel"
Quote: "David52"​​​Thanks but I don't need the information on the note. I would like have a place to show them.

​​Why not just start your own Thread in this part of the forum?
​"David52's Collection" or suchlike B)
​Just a thought.
​Thanks, but don't think anyone cares what notes I have, I'm small time compared to some of these. This is mostly for me. Maybe I'll just use a spreadsheet as someone suggested before. But thanks
Dave Angel
Quote: "David52"
Quote: "Dave Angel"
​​
​​

​​Thanks, but don't think anyone cares what notes I have, I'm small time compared to some of these. This is mostly for me. Maybe I'll just use a spreadsheet as someone suggested before. But thanks
​There are lots of banknote threads here where members have posted their notes, myself included.
I read lots of topics here before creating my own.
Collectors always like to see what others are collecting.
No such thing as 'small time', people collect what they love and what their budget allows.
Regards👍
"I have banknote fever"
COINMAN1
I have my banknote collection listed on Colnect, but this is mainly for reference purposes. I can tell if an exchange partner has a variant of the same banknote, which I generally try to stay away from.
My main file is an Excel spreadsheet.
I have split the world into 12 sections giving each a letter. I then give each of the banknotes within that section a separate number. i.e. A1 and so on.
I then input the following information of each banknote.
COUNTRY REF. No. BANKNOTE No. OBVERSE DESCRIPTION. REVERSE DESCRIPTION.

This gives a complete record of each banknote, and can easily be changed should you get a banknote in better condition.
I have 2,480 banknotes
I'm just a collector of coins, not a slave to it, unless I am in a coin shop.
David52
Quote: "COINMAN1"​I have my banknote collection listed on Colnect, but this is mainly for reference purposes. I can tell if an exchange partner has a variant of the same banknote, which I generally try to stay away from.
​My main file is an Excel spreadsheet.
​I have split the world into 12 sections giving each a letter. I then give each of the banknotes within that section a separate number. i.e. A1 and so on.
​I then input the following information of each banknote.
​COUNTRY REF. No. BANKNOTE No. OBVERSE DESCRIPTION. REVERSE DESCRIPTION.

​This gives a complete record of each banknote, and can easily be changed should you get a banknote in better condition.
​I have 2,480 banknotes
​This is what I started doing, seems to work pretty good. Guess I'll have to use Colnect to post my extras
COINMAN1
Further to my earlier information, I have also added a complete list of each country and next to each of these countries, is totals.
I have the total, as per my spreadsheet and as listed on Colnect.
This then tells me if I have any errors. I recently spent over a month getting these two totals the same.
So, on Colnect, I list my collection and my swaps. Done some good exchanges with other collectors.
David52
Quote: "COINMAN1"​Further to my earlier information, I have also added a complete list of each country and next to each of these countries, is totals.
​I have the total, as per my spreadsheet and as listed on Colnect.
​This then tells me if I have any errors. I recently spent over a month getting these two totals the same.
​So, on Colnect, I list my collection and my swaps. Done some good exchanges with other collectors.
​I'm not sure I know what are saying. I'm just getting started so going to take awhile but you mean total banknote per country? And if so not sure how to set it up so each time I add a note the total changes. Or do you change it manually?
COINMAN1
I change totals manually. Not clever enough to have a program to do it for me.
Once you have started, it is easy to update.
David52
Don't know if you can or not. I'm just starting but that's a idea.
David52
Quote: "COINMAN1"​I have my banknote collection listed on Colnect, but this is mainly for reference purposes. I can tell if an exchange partner has a variant of the same banknote, which I generally try to stay away from.
​My main file is an Excel spreadsheet.
​I have split the world into 12 sections giving each a letter. I then give each of the banknotes within that section a separate number. i.e. A1 and so on.
​I then input the following information of each banknote.
​COUNTRY REF. No. BANKNOTE No. OBVERSE DESCRIPTION. REVERSE DESCRIPTION.

​This gives a complete record of each banknote, and can easily be changed should you get a banknote in better condition.
​I have 2,480 banknotes
​You say you have them split into 12 sections. How do you have them split?
COINMAN1
I started with continents, then split them again into smaller groups.
My only problem was that I did not have many from Eastern Asia so now, that section has the most countries.
I also had a big collection of German banknotes, so that is a section on its own.
My section 'A' is below.
United Kingdom
Scotland
Northern Ireland

Section 'L' is Eastern Asia and section 'M' is South American countries, USA and Australia.

You can split your banknotes now you wish, but keeping them similar to a world map is really useful.
David52
Quote: "COINMAN1"​I started with continents, then split them again into smaller groups.
​My only problem was that I did not have many from Eastern Asia so now, that section has the most countries.
​I also had a big collection of German banknotes, so that is a section on its own.
​My section 'A' is below.
​United Kingdom
​Scotland
​Northern Ireland

​Section 'L' is Eastern Asia and section 'M' is South American countries, USA and Australia.

​You can split your banknotes now you wish, but keeping them similar to a world map is really useful.
​Thanks something to think about.

Used time zone is UTC+1:00.
Current time is 12:47AM.