Menu

Roman (Reparatio) Reipvb - Cant indentify Emperor

3 posts
klei92
Hi, as said in tittle, i am mostly sure that i have a Roman Reparatio Reipub coin but i am being not able to identify what emperor is. Could someone help me witht his?

Se queres ca muller che queira, ten diñeiro na carteira
Camerinvs
I'm pretty sure it's Magnus Maximus. It looks like DN MACGSX... but it probably is D N MAG MAX... The profile also matches Magnus Maximus best.

He is the only emperor with the REPARATIO REIPVB reverse type that (somewhat) fits the obverse legend, as this Wildwinds search shows.
••• ₱o$₮ag€ $₮am₱$ a₹€ mo₹€ £€₲i₮ima₮€ a$ a ƒo₹m oƒ ¢u₹₹€nc¥ ₮ha₦ ₮h€ €₦₮i₹€ "¢oi₦" ₱₹odu¢₮io₦ oƒ ₦au₹u o₹ ₦iu€. ••• £€$ ₮im฿₹€$-₱o$₮€ $o₦₮ ₱£u$ £é₲i₮im€$ €₦ ₮a₦t qu'o฿j€₮$ mo₦é₮ai₹€$ qu€ £a ₱₹odu¢₮io₦ €₦₮iè₹€ d€ «mo₦₦ai€$» d€ ₦au₹u ou d€ ₦iu€. •••
klei92
Thank you Camerinvs, I see more or less what you point out about the coincidences between both sides and Magnus Maixumus coins.

Trayed this days to match it to the examples in Wildwinds but somehow i found the way to find some differences between the examples there and my examples... The lack of mint in mine is also a negative point to find a definitive id

Will try this days to see if i am able to find the definitive id/mint.

Thank you for pointing me out the way to search
Se queres ca muller che queira, ten diñeiro na carteira
Topic locked (Numista Robot, 17-Nov-2019, 06:26AM)

Used time zone is UTC+1:00.
Current time is 02:43PM.