Menu

Misaligned text on new technical info

4 posts

This message aims at: reporting a bug

Votes: 2
adanieluy
I just seen new design of technical info, and was happy it as sorted by bot, without need of referees working on it.
But I also see the text on left of boxes is long, causing misalignment. Please see the capture:
There are 10 types of people, those who understand binary, and those who doesn't.

Catalog Referee for Uruguay, Cuba, Bolivia, Puerto Rico
co-referee for Brazil, Curaçao, Cayman Islands, Netherlands West Indies, Saint Eustatius, Sint Maarten
radrick007
I would suggest we may be able to lose all the 'of the' text, for example:

'Metal of the core of the centre' would become 'Centre core metal'
'Metal of the plating of the centre' would become 'Centre plating metal'
etc, etc.

Also, if there was a way of identifying on the right that all the fields related to metals then you could avoid repeating that word in each description.

Just a thought ...
Just because you can't see it ... doesn't mean it isn't there - Anon

Catalogue referee for Celtic Britain, England, United Kingdom, New Zealand & Pre-Union South Africa
Status changed to Solved (Xavier, 29-Aug-2019, 10:02PM)
Xavier Site admin
Hello,
I fixed the alignment and I simplified the wording.
Since all these fields are below the label "Composition", I guess that "Centre core" will be explicit enough instead of "Metal of the core of the centre".
adanieluy
Quote: "Xavier"​Hello,
​I fixed the alignment and I simplified the wording.
​Since all these fields are below the label "Composition", I guess that "Centre core" will be explicit enough instead of "Metal of the core of the centre".
​Now it's perfect!!! thank you very much!!
There are 10 types of people, those who understand binary, and those who doesn't.

Catalog Referee for Uruguay, Cuba, Bolivia, Puerto Rico
co-referee for Brazil, Curaçao, Cayman Islands, Netherlands West Indies, Saint Eustatius, Sint Maarten

Used time zone is UTC+1:00.
Current time is 02:20PM.