Buy/Sell Feedback

7 posts

This message aims at: suggesting an idea to improve Numista

Upvotes: 0
Downvotes: 0
One of the goals of Numista is to promote swaps between the comunity around here.

Nevertheless, sometimes you just dont have nothing to give for a very desire coin but your "swap" partner gives you a solution: buy it. Even this can happen the other way and so, you offer to sell that desired coin.

So, my point is, without aiming to create a easy way to buy and sell here, if it would be posible to implement a similar system to give/recive feedback when you do a buy or a sell.

Some of the points buying and selling can give an idea of how can a swap go with an user, for instance:

The Seller: what he sold was:
- Good or bad grading.
- Good or bad packaging.
- Good or bad shipping.
- Etc.

The Buyer (its a bit more complicated than the seller):
- Fast payment = real interest or not in the transaction.
- Good or bad dealing = rasonable (real interest) or "all for nothing".
- Etc.

Despite i think it could be a good feature, if this were implemented, i also want to point out that we should beware of the misuse (friends giving each other good ratings all the time... in fact, that can be happening right now with the swap system, but as a rookie with 0 swaps i think i shouldnt talk about that).

Regards.
Se queres ca muller che queira, ten diñeiro na carteira
I am against anything that promotes sales, the official stand should be that it is a last resort.

But nobody keeps you from doing a trade this way (I have done it too) and you can use the system we have now the same way ... no need for any changes imo.
I tryed to point out a few times in the original request that i dont want to promote sales here...

My point is, for example, i am right now trying to buy some coins from an numista user because i dont have anything to give him ( = last resort)

If in the end , both had a good or bad experience, seems nice to me to have a diferent place were give good or bad feedback , that can help aslo in the swap thing.

If i understood well your second paragraph, it dont seems to me to be correct to make a false swap: ex.: dude i dont have nothing to give but i want to buy you 30 coins, can we do a false swap, thoose 30 coins i want vs 1 random mine to go on? I will pay you but i dont send you nothing else than the money wire transfered, okey? Leave me a rating etc... 9 times more and thar user can actually sell here (by the forum rules), something that "we dont want", and in fact, that user didnt send a single coin, his whole profile can be a scam (collection and swap list) and he has a minimum of credibility to for example, scam other users (obbisuly not high users, but probably low users trying to start, etc).

Look at me, i am 0 stars, i can do what i just said (10 false swaps) and try to scam someone (try it 1 or 3 times) and then leave... Well, you can say that at least i have some replies and picks in forumthat gives another "sensation" but...

Or forget the scam thing, i can star to sell at a very good prices and so part of the comunity disapear from swaps, because is buying and not swaping.

Hope you get my point
Yes, I get your point ... a bit, my base for judgment may be a bit limited.
I don't deal with people that write or act like in such an uncivilized manner, I'm very selective in this regard.
So other users opinions might be more to your liking.

P.S.: I have indeed read your repeated statements but I stated my opinion nevertheless.
It's also not a "false" swap ... there don't have to be any coins selected on the buyers side.

Happy collecting!
Quote: "Idolenz"​It's also not a "false" swap ... there don't have to be any coins selected on the buyers side.

​Happy collecting!

​Touché there, dindt know that its not necesary to have, both partners, coins selected to make a swap here, but again, like the stubborn I am, if only one side send its doubles, damit, i see that as seal, isnt it?
Status changed to Rejected (Xavier, 30-Aug-2019, 21:18)
Hello,

As you well pointed out, Numista is to promote swaps, and I don't intend to implement any feature related to sales through Numista.

As we all agree that sales are usually a last resort when a swap is opened but and it is later transformed into a sale, I believe it is acceptable to rate it via the same rating system as swaps. Ideally it should be mentioned in the rating comment that it was a sale in order to be as transparent as possible.

These are not fake rating, as a transaction indeed occurred. It shows you are a honest and reliable coin collector, independently whether you exchanged coins, bought coins or sold coins. I don't think this would increase the risk of false ratings or scams.
Quote: "Xavier"​I believe it is acceptable to rate it via the same rating system as swaps. Ideally it should be mentioned in the rating comment that it was a sale in order to be as transparent as possible.

​These are not fake rating, as a transaction indeed occurred. It shows you are a honest and reliable coin collector, independently whether you exchanged coins, bought coins or sold coins. I don't think this would increase the risk of false ratings or scams.

Roger that

» Forum policy

Used time zone is UTC+1:00.
Current time is 00:55.