Swapping banknotes

11 posts

» Quick access to the last post

Hi, I've started collecting banknotes. How do you let people know the banknotes you have to swap? I have them listed in Colnect but their system isn't has good as Numista's. Do people actually look in Colnect to swap? Can't tell if people actually look at them. I don't have many yet but have a few extra not worth much. I have it as my web on my profile. How do you all swap/sell you banknotes? Thank for any advise.
American collector living the life in Germany
Hello,
PM sent.
The minimum information you need, as far as I am concerned is:-
1. Country
2. Face Value
3. Catalogue Number
4. Condition

With this information, I could work out which banknotes I need, at the condition I will accept.

I agree with you about Colnect but have used them quite a few times. It took me a while to work out the system, but got there eventually.
I'm just a collector of coins, not a slave to it, unless I am in a coin shop.
For all you banknote collectors. Link to my swap list.
https://colnect.com/en/banknotes/list/swap_list/COINMAN1
Quote: "COINMAN1"​The minimum information you need, as far as I am concerned is:-
​1. Country
​2. Face Value
​3. Catalogue Number
​4. Condition

​With this information, I could work out which banknotes I need, at the condition I will accept.

​I agree with you about Colnect but have used them quite a few times. It took me a while to work out the system, but got there eventually.
​All my Banknotes are listed in Colnect, which has all that information. I can send pictures if requested.
Dave,
My swap banknotes are also on Colnect.
I thought you were talking about swapping banknotes on Numista. That is why I put that information list. I have swapped via Numista using that method.
Quote: "COINMAN1"​Dave,
​My swap banknotes are also on Colnect.
​I thought you were talking about swapping banknotes on Numista. That is why I put that information list. I have swapped via Numista using that method.
​It's OK, I was asking about both ways. But seems like a lot of work to list each note separably on this site. The only reason I'm using Colnect.
My problem with using Colnect is the lack of an image of the exact note you want to swap.
Hello friends in my profile you can see my colnect profile link
See my swap List if you have interest in swap contact me
Quote: "Steve27"​My problem with using Colnect is the lack of an image of the exact note you want to swap.
​If you see a note you want, ask for picture.
I do not quite understand this problem with Colnect. I have been swapping on this site for a few years now with no problems.
If the actual banknote you want is not listed, it simply means, no one has it, so it has never been added to the catalogue.
If you have one for exchange that is not listed then you can add it.
Obviously, there are differences between Numista and Colnect, but the catalogues of both sites are only improved by its members.
Quote: "COINMAN1"​I do not quite understand this problem with Colnect. I have been swapping on this site for a few years now with no problems.
​If the actual banknote you want is not listed, it simply means, no one has it, so it has never been added to the catalogue.
​If you have one for exchange that is not listed then you can add it.
​Obviously, there are differences between Numista and Colnect, but the catalogues of both sites are only improved by its members.
​Maybe just because I'm new and need to get use to it. Takes me longer. I am doing a couple of swaps but they are coming from Numistia with a link to Calnect.
Topic moved to "Banknote swaps" (ZacUK, 12-Oct-2022, 20:13)
Topic locked (Numista Robot, 11-Jan-2023, 09:10)

» Forum policy

Used time zone is UTC+1:00.
Current time is 00:37.