Menu

I need its catalogue

AYMAN SHALABI

WHAT THE GER MEAN HERE? IN ALL THALER GE NOT GER ?
apuking
Hello,

sorry your question does not seem clear to me, are you asking for the translated meaning of the legend on the coin?
Its not in German but in Latin with abbreviations used.
If you like coins, medals and tokens with ship motives follow my new instagram account with regular updates @numisnautiker
cro321
Quote: "apuking"​Hello,

​sorry your question does not seem clear to me, are you asking for the translated meaning of the legend on the coin?
​Its not in German but in Latin with abbreviations used.
​I think the question is about a catalogue reference about this variety of the 1761 thaler. Usually the lettering is IMP·GE·HU·BO·REG· while this coin is IMP·GER·HU·BO·REG·. Unfortunately I can't answer as I'm not familiar with this coins varieties. Adding the coins size and weight is also required here to make sure if it's even a real thaler and not a copy.
Camerinvs
Everything you need to know about the Maria Theresia thalers should be somewhere on this website.
Postage stamps are more legitimate as a form of currency than the entire "coin" production of Nauru or Niue. ••••••••• Les timbres-poste sont plus légitimes en tant qu'objets monétaires que la production entière de «monnaies» de Nauru ou de Niue.
apuking
If its real thats not the restrike.
this piece is dated 1761, restrikes are all dated 1780
If you like coins, medals and tokens with ship motives follow my new instagram account with regular updates @numisnautiker
Camerinvs
Good point! I didn't look at it carefully, though I noticed the obverse was "unusual" for a 1780 Thaler.

At least I hope others will become familiar with the website I linked. I had forgotten to bookmark it back when it was mentioned to me by Cass/Sophie on this forum.
Postage stamps are more legitimate as a form of currency than the entire "coin" production of Nauru or Niue. ••••••••• Les timbres-poste sont plus légitimes en tant qu'objets monétaires que la production entière de «monnaies» de Nauru ou de Niue.
cro321
The site only deals with the 1780 thaler so it won't be much help here, I think a catalogue is needed to identify this one. But the first step should be to make sure it's real, size and weight are required.

Used time zone is UTC+2:00.
Current time is 10:32PM.