Menu

Foreign finds! (2019 edition)

4 posts
numinis
Have you found a coin in circulation that did not belong to the country you found it in? Tell us about it here.

(Some links: analogous 2012-2015, 2016 and 2017 threads. Related : What passes for a Quarter, Interesting coins I found in my change.)

More than three weeks ago here in Vilnius I got this instead of 2 euros.

I am aware of the price difference, but I decided that it would be better to forget prices for a moment, and take this as a sign whose meaning is yet unknown to me.
ūūūūū
ngdawa
Quote: "numinis"​Have you found a coin in circulation that did not belong to the country you found it in? Tell us about it here.

​(Some links: analogous 2012-2015, 2016 and 2017 threads. Related : What passes for a Quarter, Interesting coins I found in my change.)

​More than three weeks ago here in Vilnius I got this instead of 2 euros.

​I am aware of the price difference, but I decided that it would be better to forget prices for a moment, and take this as a sign whose meaning is yet unknown to me.
​Good condition too! I'd say that's keeper! :)

I remember when I lived in Australia and the first time I got a NZ 20 cent in change instead of an OZ. The difference then was like 5 cents, not that much but still. Of course I kept is as my first NZ coin I got in change. In total I got 4 NZ 20 cents coins that year, and equally happy every time since it was four different dates! :wiz:
Referee for: American Samoa, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Faroe Islands, Greenland, Hawaii, Korea, Kyrgyzstan, Mali, Marshall Islands, Myanmar, North Korea, Pitcairn, Turks & Caicos Islands, Uzbekistan, Samoa, Somaliland, Tannu Tuva, Taiwan, Tajikistan
klei92
Techinally i havent found it, but it may fit in this post.

A few days back, my mother went to the bakery; the baker started to tell her that someone sneaked her a morocco coin (5 dirham) instead of 2€ that morning.

They are friends since a few years ago, so my mother asked her to get the coin for me (she told her that i collect coins, blablabla) so here its. Nothins special but its becoming a serious problem (i am on the phone, as soon as i get to the computer i will add a new reply about this)

Se queres ca muller che queira, ten diñeiro na carteira
klei92
Maybe its a bit offtopic but i hope it dont disturb no one or the post itself.

One of great uncle has a lot of 24h vending machines and some other business that have no relation with vending machines but run with coin machines.

As far as i know, one of his daughters have tell my mother that, somehow, they get a lot of foreign coins instead of euros, which in the end its a great problem for them since not even the bank exchange them this foreign coins to euros.

For us it can be kind of ok as numinis say at the start, but its becoming a serious problem for some business; here in little city in the north fo Spain where i live, even the policie sometimes goes store after store telling that it have been reported that someone is sneaking amounts of foreign coins.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Going a bit back to the original thing of the post, I have remember that when i was a teenager (around 16 years old more or less) one day i was working and i got 1 Real from Brasil instead of 1 Euro. I remember i was amazed with the coin, it was shiny UNC or AU, so i kept it (8
Se queres ca muller che queira, ten diñeiro na carteira

Used time zone is UTC+1:00.
Current time is 02:41AM.