My work is never done....Researching cuneiform tablets over the weekend...

11 posts

» Quick access to the last post

Spent the weekend translating and transcribing the following, few more tablets to go. Definitely challenging, but fun!

A gallery of my coins and artifacts can been seen on FORVM Ancient Coins
In its full glory. The second photo is upside down z|

Wow that’s cool
Yeah! Nice!
Catalogue administrator
That is my itsy bitsy one that is complete. I do have several even smaller ones that are partial. Wait for the three larger ones and the semi-large partial...
Seems like we need an additonal language option (Sumerian) for the profile page ;)
Wow. How much did you get it for and at where? It is so cool.
Be kind to people. Sharing is Caring. Collect what you like and not by the Crowd.
To seek for perfection, it is too painful and there is a very high price to pay. To seek for something comfortable is more easy. To seek for nothing is even more easy.
you can translate that? That's amazing!!! I want your job, all I can do is build and program computers, but those languages are easy.
Just curious, what's a little tablet like that worth?
Unfortunately, not. Translating languages requires basically two skills:
  1. Patience (which includes Time)
  2. Comparative Analysis (which includes resources)

As long as you have those, you can translate anything in any language. The testament to that is my numerous transcriptions of coins in my collection using languages that I do not know. The cost of these types of cuneiform tablets can go from anywhere from $50 to $2000 depending on what the topic is. These small administrative tables are typically anywhere from $200 to $600 as there are plenty of them. BTW, I am in the same boat as you. I am a developer (in programming languages) as you!
Some of the info you provide on the forum is really fascinating.
Ive always loved this type of occupation. You are very fortunate to hold and study these pieces.

» Forum policy

Used time zone is UTC+1:00.
Current time is 15:17.