Menu

Has Germany 1 euro coin 2007-2019 KM 257 ever been  released for circulation?

17 posts
afpcoins
Dear collectors,

Tell me, please, has Germany 1 euro coin 2007-2019 (KM 257) ever been released for circulation? According to current coin profile - NO, but coin type is still "Standard Circulation Coin". What is not correct?
Best regards,
afpcoins
Michaelw90
I live in Holland and have never seen any (and we see many German Euro's) . So probably sets only.
Special interest in Coins from the Low countries (Feudal-present). Numista referee for Low Countries Feudal, Burgundian Netherlands, Spanish Netherlands, Dutch Republic, Netherlands and Netherlands East Indies.
Idolenz
It's mostlikely because the Euro is a circulating coin ... their are just too many still in the vaults to make new ones.
You could pay with them without a problem (nobody cares about coin types except some of us) and if new ones have to be made and the Euro still exists at that point you will see them in the coin page.

afpcoins
Quote: "Michaelw90"​I live in Holland and have never seen any (and we see many German Euro's) . So probably sets only.
Thanks,
​I guess, these type has been issued in sets and Proof only.

Then "type" on the coin profile should be changed from "Standard Circulation" to "Non-circulating coin".
I will request it.
Best regards,
afpcoins
brismike
The Type should not be changed, even though none have been released into circulation lately they are still a circulating coin.

Mike
Co-Referee for Australia - I Collect - Australia, UK & Dependancies, Some NZ, USA & Euros. I also have other World Coins that I swap.
afpcoins
Quote: "brismike"​The Type should not be changed, even though none have been released into circulation lately they are still a circulating coin.

​Mike

Brismike,
I am afraid, cannot agree with you. I have checked all the type of euro coins with the same story. All coins (except 1 euro Ger) are having Non-circulation type, that in IMHO is absolutely justified. What will our referees will tell regarding it!?
Best regards,
afpcoins
oynbcn
Hello colleagues, let me give my opinion on this topic.
For me this coin must remain under the Standard circulation coin classification and I explain my reasons: a coin should have that classification provided that it could be paid in the state or area where that currency is in force. If you pay with a 1-euro coin from Germany of the year (ex: 2011) that you have cleared of a Set, the coin will be (and must be) accepted for that payment. Now let's imagine that in 2020 Germany issues 1 euro coins for circulation (as it did with the 10 euro cent coins, km 254, since 2017), so should we change the coin type from Non-circulatin to Standard circulating coin? I think that would not make sense.
That is why for me the error is not in the classification of the 1 euro coin of Germany KM 257 but, for example, in that of this country of 50 euro cent KM 256 cataloged, in my opinion by mistake, as non- circulating coin.
Regards, Oscar
Sulfur Numista team
(https://en.numista.com/catalogue/pieces6322.html)

Hm... I agree with afpcoins on this: the coins were not intended for circulation and you (theoretically) should not be able to find any in circulation; therefore, this is a non-circulating type.

That is my logic, at least. :)
Referee for the Avars, the Burgundians, Courland, Danish Estonia, Dorpat, the Gepids, Gotland, the Herulians, Livonia, the Lombards, Narva, Ösel-Wiek, the Ostrogoths, Reval, Riga, and the Vandals; co-referee for Livoestonika.
Jarcek Numista team
Just requested the catalogue change, clearly a mistake. :)
Catalogue administrator, Referee for Kingdom of Bohemia. You can also support my work on Numista through Patreon if you wish: https://www.patreon.com/Jarcek
brismike
Quote: "afpcoins"
Quote: "brismike"​The Type should not be changed, even though none have been released into circulation lately they are still a circulating coin.
​​
​​Mike

​Brismike,
​I am afraid, cannot agree with you. I have checked all the type of euro coins with the same story. All coins (except 1 euro Ger) are having Non-circulation type, that in IMHO is absolutely justified. What will our referees will tell regarding it!?
​Apologies afpcoins .. You are right. I forgot that the coin changed its obverse in 2007 and from then on it was only available in sets so is non-circulating. I was thinking of the earlier issue which was released into circulation. However if Germany ever does decide to put some of the second type into circulation then it will have to change back to be circulation.

Cheers Mike
Co-Referee for Australia - I Collect - Australia, UK & Dependancies, Some NZ, USA & Euros. I also have other World Coins that I swap.
afpcoins
Quote: "Jarcek"​Just requested the catalogue change, clearly a mistake. :)
​Jarcek, thanks.
You did it before me -). Now this type across all euro coins looks perfect!
Best regards,
afpcoins
afpcoins
Quote: "brismike"​​Apologies afpcoins .. You are right. I forgot that the coin changed its obverse in 2007 and from then on it was only available in sets so is non-circulating. I was thinking of the earlier issue which was released into circulation. However if Germany ever does decide to put some of the second type into circulation then it will have to change back to be circulation.

​Cheers Mike
​I'ts ok, Brismike. I fully agree with the following logic: if Germany decide to issue standard coin for circulation
in the future, this type will be changed to "Standard Circulation Coin".

By the way, this happened recently to "2 Euro - Philippe of Belgium" when this type in 2019 was issued for circulation for the first time.

https://en.numista.com/catalogue/pieces56039.html
Best regards,
afpcoins
PhilipBe
And that what do we do with the Belgian euro coins.....some years are only available in sets...
make a page "circulating" coins with the years that are in circulation.
and a page "non circulating" for the years that are only available in sets

We all know that the euro coins are for circulation but subject to a quota.
If the quota for a certain year is 0.... it does not mean that the coin became "non circulating"

Some people open the sets and use them
even coin cards are opened and used.
brismike
I would say that in regards to the Belgian 1 euro coins, because some years of a particular type have been placed into circulation, then they are all "Circulation"

Mike
Sulfur Numista team
Quote: "PhilipBe"​Some people open the sets and use them
​even coin cards are opened and used.
​But that was not the intention of the mint--it was the decision of an individual. And just because the coin is circulating, it does not mean it was supposed to circulate.

For example, here in Canada, I have found a couple coins from the Barbados in my change. How did they get to me? Some individual released them, and no one noticed them until they came to me. But while they did circulate here, the mint certainly did not intend for them to be circulating in Canada, and so we will not start listing them under Canada. ;)
Referee for the Avars, the Burgundians, Courland, Danish Estonia, Dorpat, the Gepids, Gotland, the Herulians, Livonia, the Lombards, Narva, Ösel-Wiek, the Ostrogoths, Reval, Riga, and the Vandals; co-referee for Livoestonika.
Leitwolf
As a German I wasn't aware, that the 1-€-coin wasn't minted in the last years for circulation, only for mint sets. But it's fact, very interesting.

https://www.bundesbank.de/resource/blob/599312/46eb67ff08dcafe99382e90027c03653/mL/praegung-euro-umlaufmuenzen-data.pdf
coin_seller
Quote: "afpcoins"​Dear collectors,

​Tell me, please, has Germany 1 euro coin 2007-2019 (KM 257) ever been released for circulation? According to current coin profile - NO, but coin type is still "Standard Circulation Coin". What is not correct?
​Hello;

I have coins for selling
MOURAD MARKETER

Used time zone is UTC+2:00.
Current time is 01:35PM.