Getting more help from Numista members

10 posts

This message aims at: suggesting an idea to improve Numista

Upvotes: 34
Downvotes: 0

» Quick access to the last post

Hi

There are masses of coins, like https://en.numista.com/catalogue/pieces5987.html, which have approved differences between some mintages, like "light" and "dark" iron for mintage 1942, but no clear picture is added/available to better understand the difference.

I would propose to set up a special task page (within "Catalog" drop down menu), where open-public tasks could be visible to all users, who own both (or more of) such coin types.

"Somehow" every user could propose (with referees approval) or referee could set up a public task, which would emerge on such special page, where every user who owns both types could see the list of these tasks and therefore add pictures of both types in comments section for better understanding what actually is the difference between two mintages => eg. what actually is "light" and "dark" iron, other coins have other differences.

Currently, such requests are done by referees to those users who own both types manually (so it seems).

LP
I wholeheartedly agree. Sadly forum posts are not suitable for this. I would really like new tab for community tasks. <:D
Catalogue administrator
And I would have a lot of such community jobs! <:D
Catalogue administrator
Quote: "Jarcek"​And I would have a lot of such community jobs! <:D
​me too...
I fully support this idea, implementation of the feature should raise users motivation to contribute.
Best regards,
afpcoins
I used to do community work thread on the forum before, which met with some considerable success, so I guess this would be used as well. <:D
Catalogue administrator
I am just bumping this one back to life. I guess Mr. Robot could also add these requests for all the pages with missing data.
LP
see: https://en.numista.com/catalogue/pieces2604.html

I found this request by referee. In such public requests, as proposed, turnout could be faster:
IMPORTANT NOTE: After an investigation, it was not possible to confirm the existence of coins with year 2001.
On Krause catalog the coin is listed, but not on other 3 Cuban catalogs checked.
Therefore, if you think you have one of these, please check carefully and correct your listing if is mistakenly registered, or please send picture of the coin to referee, if you really have it.
Great suggestion mikimaus
Some basic data that is missing, like weight, diameter, width, etc, Numista Robot could add to community tasks automatically => to users who actually own such coin/token/note.

» Forum policy

Used time zone is UTC+1:00.
Current time is 22:59.