Menu

is it worth it? [solved]

10 posts
Bill1970
https://www.ebay.com/itm/1778-IWS-Germany-Bruns-Cal-Han-24-Mariengroschen-Gulden-Silver-Coin-PCGS-XF45/202720906715?hash=item2f331b8ddb:g:0X4AAOSwi7BdFpUs:sc:USPSFirstClass!63017!US!-1

I've been keeping an eye on this piece and would like to know if it's worth the price being offered. It's being offered for $125.

Many thanks!
derf
This is out of a 2010 SCWC catalog. So with a certain % increase in silver and just the 9 yrs added to the coin, myself, I'd say that it was very close to worth it ...

? Format  Format  Format ?   ?
Do not argue with ignorant people .. !! They will drag you down to their level, then pulverize you with experience ...
yvon
It is worth it, if it is worth it for you...no matter what the silvercontent is or something like that.
I would be more concerned about the useless shipping fee, due to this Us World Theft Program or whatever they call it.
Very nice coin btw.
...you can run,  but you can't hide...
Camerinvs
The "Make an Offer" option is turned on. Why don't you offer something like $100?

Depending on how long the coin has been listed, though, you might get it for $90; if it's too low for him he may make a counter offer of $100 or something close to that.
••• ₱o$₮ag€ $₮am₱$ a₹€ mo₹€ £€₲i₮ima₮€ a$ a ƒo₹m oƒ ¢u₹₹€nc¥ ₮ha₦ ₮h€ €₦₮i₹€ "¢oi₦" ₱₹odu¢₮io₦ oƒ ₦au₹u o₹ ₦iu€. ••• £€$ ₮im฿₹€$-₱o$₮€ $o₦₮ ₱£u$ £é₲i₮im€$ €₦ ₮a₦t qu'o฿j€₮$ mo₦é₮ai₹€$ qu€ £a ₱₹odu¢₮io₦ €₦₮iè₹€ d€ «mo₦₦ai€$» d€ ₦au₹u ou d€ ₦iu€. •••
Bill1970
Actually, I did put an offer out to the seller for $100. I'll see what happens.
Camerinvs
I'm sure I'm not the only one who would be interested to know what happens. So, please let us know!
••• ₱o$₮ag€ $₮am₱$ a₹€ mo₹€ £€₲i₮ima₮€ a$ a ƒo₹m oƒ ¢u₹₹€nc¥ ₮ha₦ ₮h€ €₦₮i₹€ "¢oi₦" ₱₹odu¢₮io₦ oƒ ₦au₹u o₹ ₦iu€. ••• £€$ ₮im฿₹€$-₱o$₮€ $o₦₮ ₱£u$ £é₲i₮im€$ €₦ ₮a₦t qu'o฿j€₮$ mo₦é₮ai₹€$ qu€ £a ₱₹odu¢₮io₦ €₦₮iè₹€ d€ «mo₦₦ai€$» d€ ₦au₹u ou d€ ₦iu€. •••
Bill1970
Seller's counteroffer came back at $115. I'm tempted to take it as I collect old German States coins and this seems to an especially nice example. And PCGS lists it as a population of 1.
Thoughts?
derf
Myself, I'd take it .. I also like the German States coins ..
? Format  Format  Format ?   ?
Do not argue with ignorant people .. !! They will drag you down to their level, then pulverize you with experience ...
Camerinvs
If you like it, go for it. I wouldn't fight over $15 if I really want something.
Bill1970
Okay...I countered at $110 to include the shipping fee. They came back with $115 with the shipping fee on top of that. I know it costs about $3.75 for First Class Shipping on this so not bad.

I took the offer!

This is the only one certified by PCGS so "Population of 1". As I said before, I love collecting German States coins and this is by far the largest sized German States coin in my collection. Thank you, derf, for the additional info on this piece!

Now...if only I could find the mintage figures for this piece...hmmm...

Thank you, too, Camerinvs and yvon for the input!
Status changed to Solved (Bill1970, 11-Oct-2019, 02:29PM)

Used time zone is UTC+2:00.
Current time is 02:14PM.