Menu

least valuable coin in the world

13 posts
rmuniak
I just posted a 1965 1 lira coin from Turkey with a valuation of .00000003760 USD . Read an article from a few years back saying the 1 tiyin from Uzbekistan was the least valuable . It is listed here https://en.numista.com/catalogue/pieces1471.html as .0000011 USD.. Do I own the least valuable coin in the world?
Ray Muniak
Frenchlover
It seems to be the world less valuable coin
Numista referee for Ascension Island, Falkland Islands, Saint Helena, Saint Helena & Ascension, South Georgia & S. Sandwich Islands, Tristan da Cunha
Topic moved to "Free discussion" (ZacUK, 10-Oct-2019, 07:23PM)
Holindaze
The 1 lira coin from Turkey probably was demonized but the other is still legal tender so that coin is the least valuable coin. It seems the description of the 1 lira coin should be updated.
Moneytane
So I am assuming my 10 Kurus of 1967 is even less valuable?

As far as sheer worthlessness goes - perhaps a filler coin of pengo from the 1940s from Hungary or a Zimbabwe 1 cent coin?
I love coins, both old and precious and also change coins. If its round and shiny, it will garner my interest. I also collect stamps and have an abiding interest in History, Archaeology,  and Social Issues.  I also worship the musical god Prince.
jokinen
We should look for the least valuable coin still in regular circulation.

And if we adjust for purchasing power, the US Cent is pretty worthless.
AshsCollectablesStore
The fact that over 3000 Tiyin are needed to be worth a single PENNY and it's still legal tender amazed me so much I had to buy one.
-Ash
AshsCollectablesStore
Quote: "jokinen"​We should look for the least valuable coin still in regular circulation.

​And if we adjust for purchasing power, the US Cent is pretty worthless.
​I believe the Japanese 1 Yen coin is regular circulation
-Ash
i_getsov
Quote: "Moneytane"​So I am assuming my 10 Kurus of 1967 is even less valuable?

​Most likely,yes...then,I must keep my 1 kurus 1963 :)
Moneytane
South African one cent is still in circulation - it is worth about 0.06 of a US cent.
Russian 10 Kopecks
Mauritian 5 cents

On the other hand, my country has one of the most valuable lowest denomination coins. Our 10 cent piece is worth about 4 Eurocents, 6 US cents and 3.2 British pence!
I love coins, both old and precious and also change coins. If its round and shiny, it will garner my interest. I also collect stamps and have an abiding interest in History, Archaeology,  and Social Issues.  I also worship the musical god Prince.
Frenchlover
Quote: "Moneytane"​On the other hand, my country has one of the most valuable lowest denomination coins.
​Sure, only Cannabis is cheap in the Kiwi land :8D
Numista referee for Ascension Island, Falkland Islands, Saint Helena, Saint Helena & Ascension, South Georgia & S. Sandwich Islands, Tristan da Cunha
jokinen
You should ask yourselves the question, for how many seconds can I rent a place using the smallest demomination coin?

I just moved to Sydney Australia and 5 Cents do not last very long.
redsmithstudios
Why does this make us all want to own this coin?
Taking a break from swapping for a while, but still interested in pre 1799 Spanish coins, I will make time for that!

Looking for pre 1783 coins
Moneytane
Quote: "Frenchlover"
Quote: "Moneytane"​On the other hand, my country has one of the most valuable lowest denomination coins.
​​Sure, only Cannabis is cheap in the Kiwi land :8D
​Where did that come from?

At least we are nuclear free, much to the chagrin of the country you love

Used time zone is UTC+2:00.
Current time is 03:34PM.