Elongated Pennies

19 posts • viewed 358 times

» Quick access to the last post

Does anybody know of a website where you can catalog elongated pennies?

Or is there a way to catalog them here on numista?

Thanks,
Devin
Due to my current schedule of full-time school and full-time job, swaps may take some time to complete. Thanks in advance for your patience and understanding.

I am currently only trading in the US.
Please, this is a very serious website about COINS, not for scrap or leftovers from coins, spoiled on purposeX-D
...you can run,  but you can't hide...
https://colnect.com/en/tokens/countries/usage/116-Elongated_Coins
Quote: "yvon"​Please, this is a very serious website about COINS, not for scrap or leftovers from coins, spoiled on purposeX-D
​Your comment was absolutely unnecessary and VERY RUDE ..!!
? Format  Format  Format ?   ?
Do not argue with ignorant people .. !! They will drag you down to their level, then pulverize you with experience ...
Quote: "Cerulean"https://colnect.com/en/tokens/countries/usage/116-Elongated_Coins
​Yup. Use this website for elongated pennies.
Be kind to people. Sharing is Caring. Collect what you like and not by the Crowd.
To seek for perfection, it is too painful and there is a very high price to pay. To seek for something comfortable is more easy. To seek for nothing is even more easy.
Quote: "derf"
Quote: "yvon"​Please, this is a very serious website about COINS, not for scrap or leftovers from coins, spoiled on purposeX-D
​​Your comment was absolutely unnecessary and VERY RUDE ..!!
​Agreed, if you can't be courteous and polite then don't bother posting at all.
Just because you can't see it ... doesn't mean it isn't there - Anon.

Coin catalogue referee for England, United Kingdom & pre-Union South Africa.
Banknote catalogue referee for England & United Kingdom.
Quote: "radrick007"

​​​Your comment was absolutely unnecessary and VERY RUDE ..!!
​​Agreed, if you can't be courteous and polite then don't bother posting at all.
​+1
Always look on the bright side of life!
Quote: "Indomini16"

​​

​​​​Your comment was absolutely unnecessary and VERY RUDE ..!!
​​​Agreed, if you can't be courteous and polite then don't bother posting at all.
​​+1

​+2 The person made a polite enquiry, not bitching and whining about elongated pennies not being allowed on the site like others in the past.
What? Me Worry
Quote: "neilithicman"

​​

​​​
​​

​​​​​Your comment was absolutely unnecessary and VERY RUDE ..!!
​​​​Agreed, if you can't be courteous and polite then don't bother posting at all.
​​​+1

​​+2 The person made a polite enquiry, not bitching and whining about elongated pennies not being allowed on the site like others in the past.
​+3
PS I think of Yvon every time I use a queen Victoria farthing in a penny press
I honestly don’t know why we can’t add a sub category under tokens for elongated pennies. I know there are already plenty of sub categories under the token and Exonumia sections would it really hurt to add one more. I personally don’t collect elongated pennies but I know there are many people that do why else would they have the machines at every amusement park.

Matt
Quote: "yvon"X-D
​They are everywhere and people enjoy them. :P
Topic moved to "Free discussion" (ZacUK, 30-Oct-2019, 18:57)
Quote: "jimpop"
Quote: "neilithicman"

​​

​​​
​​

​​​​
​​​
​​

​​​​​​Your comment was absolutely unnecessary and VERY RUDE ..!!
​​​​​Agreed, if you can't be courteous and polite then don't bother posting at all.
​​​​+1
​​
​​
​​​+2 The person made a polite enquiry, not bitching and whining about elongated pennies not being allowed on the site like others in the past.
​​+3
​PS I think of Yvon every time I use a queen Victoria farthing in a penny press
​+4
What a rude and inappropriate answer to a decent question.
Architecture Grad | Visual Artist | Coin Collector
Renacimiento Manila | Origami Pilipinas | UP TFA | Climate Reality
https://www.instagram.com/abonymous916/
Quote: "Myeackle"​I honestly don’t know why we can’t add a sub category under tokens for elongated pennies. I know there are already plenty of sub categories under the token and Exonumia sections would it really hurt to add one more. I personally don’t collect elongated pennies but I know there are many people that do why else would they have the machines at every amusement park.

​Matt
I don’t see why we could’t that would ​be great.
Due to my current schedule of full-time school and full-time job, swaps may take some time to complete. Thanks in advance for your patience and understanding.

I am currently only trading in the US.
Danthann

You should add this as a recommendation under the numista website portion of the forum so other users would be able to comment on it. This would have a better chance of getting implemented if posted there. Like I stated before I personally don’t collect them but I don’t see why it couldn’t be added as a sub category under tokens. You would have my vote. I don’t think it would hurt anyone and it would continue to help our catalog grow and possibly attract even more users since I know the presses pennies have a large following.

Matt
Maybe we can also have a section in the catalogue for holed-coins, coinrings, coins turned to 'jewelry' and so on.
...you can run,  but you can't hide...
Quote: "yvon"​Maybe we can also have a section in the catalogue for holed-coins, coinrings, coins turned to 'jewelry' and so on.
​I hope you just forgot to use an ⸮ on the end of your sentence.
I would agree on them coming back to Numista.
even if personally Im not a fan of them I understand people collect them.

In the past we used to have elongated Penny‘s on here but all where deleted, This was a time where all Tokens where massed together and it was decided for a clean up (Many users where understandably hurt by that).
Now however we have the Tokens section, the Exonumia section and all sepersted in different categories.

so I say, sure why not.

cheers,

Paul
If you like coins, medals and tokens with ship motives follow my new instagram account with regular updates @numisnautiker
From time to time I sell some coins on Ebay make sure to follow me @apuking on Ebay.
It would make a logicial addition to the Tokens sections, very good idea!
-Ash
Quote: "AshsCollectablesStore"​It would make a logicial addition to the Tokens sections, very good idea!
​Yeah, but the problem here is that there are a large amount of machines/designs around it is hard to keep track of all of them, & that isn't counting former designs.

Also a good elongated penny site is: https://209.221.138.252/AreaList.aspx

» Forum policy

Used time zone is UTC+1:00.
Current time is 06:20.