Menu

Additions to your collection - November 2019

58 posts • viewed 1240 times

» Quick access to the last post

MIMAEL
I got it today, so I'm starting.

Bohemia, Royal mint of
Denar - Vratislaus II king 1085-1092 ( first Czech king)
Lettering: WRATISLVS
Translation: Vratislaus
Lettering: WENCESLVS
Translation: Wenceslaus
I'm not sure of the variants : Variant with narrow crown ?
https://en.numista.com/catalogue/pieces77592.html

Royal mint of Bohemia
Maley Groschen - Rudolf II. ,Kuttenberg - 1610
Mintmaster: Škréta Pavel

Royal mint of Bohemia
Prague Gross - Wencezlaus IV
1378-1419

Ahoj Ivan
alfonz
One coin arrived for me today too, some more are underway :D
ZacUK Numista team
First addition of November is one lot of 6 jetons ...

I got it originally for the two on top left; assuming the others would be listed here.
Now they have arrived I can not find any (exact match) of the six on here.

FRIED WILH III KOENIG V PREUSSEN / L // ZUMANDENREN DES FRIEDENS / IETTON 1814

FRIED WILH III KOE V PREUSSEN / IL // NEUE EHRE NEUES LÜCK / IETTON

NAPOLEON EMPEREUR // JETON

JEAN RACINE // SPIEL MARKE

VICTORIA REGINA / 1849 // TO HANOVER / 1837

VICTORIA QUEEN OF GREAT BRITAIN // SPIEL MARKE
https://en.numista.com/catalogue/pieces120680.html [slightly different]
My collections >
http://mycoinssite.webs.com/apps/photos/album?albumid=13560800
also 13750057 also 15924495 also 15995337
http://mycoinssite.webs.com/apps/photos/album?albumid=16060326
Mr. Midnight
nice silver piece from Morocco

https://en.numista.com/catalogue/pieces8404.html
Jamais l'or n'a perdu la plus petite occasion de se montrer stupide. -Balzac
alfonz
Quote: "ZacUK"​ First addition of November is one lot of 6 jetons ...

​ I got it originally for the two on top left; assuming the others would be listed here.
​Now they have arrived I can not find any (exact match) of the six on here.

​FRIED WILH III KOENIG V PREUSSEN / L // ZUMANDENREN DES FRIEDENS / IETTON 1814

​FRIED WILH III KOE V PREUSSEN / IL // NEUE EHRE NEUES LÜCK / IETTON

​On Numista there is just a tin version of the first one of those 2 Prussian jetons:
https://en.numista.com/catalogue/pieces161133.html
Btw if you want to add them to numista 2 little corrections ;):
Its "Zum Andenken des Friedens" (Commemorating the peace) on the first one and "Neue Ehre Neues Glück" (New Honor, New Luck) on the second one.
ZacUK Numista team
Thanks for all that - will add to the pages I create. :)

Edit: Here are the new pages >
https://en.numista.com/catalogue/pieces184190.html
https://en.numista.com/catalogue/pieces184193.html
My collections >
January First-of-May
Bought this 1831-D 5 francs yesterday - my first Louis-Philippe coin, and my first French silver 5 francs of any type!

From a distance, the last digit in the date is trying its best to look like anything but a 1; however, this version of the mintmark location is a single-year variety.
In fact, with incuse edge lettering, it is apparently a relatively rare sub-variety.

With this coin, I thought that I finally had all the periods of 19th century French history represented in my collection - First Republic, First Empire, Second Kingdom, Second Republic, Second Empire, and Third Republic.
However, the "Second Kingdom" is actually two separate parts - the Bourbon Restoration and the July Monarchy. I have yet to get a coin of the Bourbon Restoration (and do not expect it anytime soon).
klei92
Last month i got 10 Reich Marks... a few days after i saw 10 more in an auction... didnt want them 100% but i put my bid thinking that if i could get them for a good price ... but i forgot the shipping 🤦‍♂️ (from Germany to Spain!). Lucky me, in the end i got them for less than 5€ each with shipping included; today arrived.

As last month, going to keep only a few of tem (1937+1839D, 1937J and 1937G)

Se queres ca muller che queira, ten diñeiro na carteira
alfonz
Some nice coins arrived today:
6 beautiful thailandian commemorative coins:

An medal made under the rule of Louis XIV, year 1662 - Celebrating the end of a famine as far as I have read

Not really rare but still my first example of this awesome coin:
Moneytane
My first haul of the month, is a bit more recent than all yours.

Don't ask me why, but I brought about 20 US Proof and Uncirculated coin sets.

There were several proof sets including - 1970 with a 40% silver half

There was a bit of junk including a pretty shocking set of V nickels, which featured one gold dipped one and 4 of the most worn I have ever seen ( 1 x AG and the rest P). A decent 1977 Proof set with Ike dollar behind it.

I have a complete run from 1982 to 1990 and the 1984 to 1990 had a Princely purple, all these are worth very little ($5 - $10) and only have a 1c to 50c in them.

I have a few later ones and these include the 2000 with 2 basic sets and the quarters.

Some 2004 Uncirculateds, which came in envelopes Red for Denver and Blue for Philly born and raised, where I spent most of my days.

I love coins, both old and precious and also change coins. If its round and shiny, it will garner my interest. I also collect stamps and have an abiding interest in History, Archaeology,  and Social Issues.  I also worship the musical god Prince.
Moneytane
The last better items include, this nice SILVER set of the 2005 Quarters

These have about $25 worth of Sylva in them.

Finally a jumbo 2007 set with the usual coins, the 5 quarters and the Presidential Dollaz

I probably overpaid for them all though ($220 NZD).
I love coins, both old and precious and also change coins. If its round and shiny, it will garner my interest. I also collect stamps and have an abiding interest in History, Archaeology,  and Social Issues.  I also worship the musical god Prince.
krezga
My first coins in november:

Hungary, Zsigmond, denár 1437 KS+ (ÉH#450d)
Hungary, Franz Joseph, 4 krajczár 1868 KB (ÉH#1480; KM#442)
Hungary, Franz Joseph, 1 fillér 1902 KB (ÉH#1504; KM#480)
neilithicman
I just bought my first coin for a while, well it's actually a coronation medal. It's a 1902 sterling silver medal from Natal to commemorate the coronation of Edward VII. Apprently there were three sizes of these medals, a small one given to school children, a medium sized one given to local dignitaries and a large one given to chieftains from the local tribes. This one is the medium sized one that is about the size of a half crown.

It's outside the scope of my collection but I fell in love with the design and had to pick it up.

What? Me Worry
Andy289
Indeed Neil, the design is just awesome. What a shame someone made a hole in the medal. x.
neilithicman
Quote: "Andy289"​Indeed Neil, the design is just awesome. What a shame someone made a hole in the medal. x.
​they’re meant to be like that, it’s where the ribbon was threaded

https://london-medals.co.uk/a-scarce-natal-coronation-medal-1902-29-mm-middle-size-medal-silver-complete-with-original-wearing-pin-and-blue-ribbon
What? Me Worry
Andy289
I see, anyway it's a beautiful medal.
alfonz
Some new coins for my royal collection I received this week:
1 Thaler 1870 from Saxony - King Johann I

1 Gulden 1841 from Württemberg celebrating the 25th year of King Wilhelms reign (Obverse damaged but the portrait still in beautiful condition)

My first russian Empress (Coin is an Grivennik from 1754): Empress Elizabeth

The last King of the Netherlands that was missing in my collection - King Willem II (still missing the King of Holland / Lodewijk Bonaparte)

And as last one this nice danish silver wedding commemorative from 1923 showing King Christian X and his wife Alexandrine of Mecklenburg
klei92
Some aextra additions this week

Very excited for this one

alfonz
Got those 2 military commemorative medals made shortly before ww1 showing future enemies:

Quant-Geek
Not really an upgrade to my existing one that I have, but nonetheless a really nice specimen that warranted it to be in my collection :)

Byzantine Empire: Justinian I (527-565) Æ Follis, Theoupolis/Antioch (Sear 214; DOC 206b. MIB 130)

Obv: D N IVSTINIANVS P P AVS; Justinian enthroned facing, holding long scepter with his right hand and globus cruciger in his left
Rev: Large M between star and crescent; above, cross; below, B; in exergue, +THЄЧP

These two are definitely an upgrade to my existing one that was in a fair condition. These are difficult to get in higher grades as they rare come up.

Byzantine Empire: Justinian I (527-565) Æ Half Follis, Theoupolis (Sear-225; DOC 208; MIBE 135)

Obv: D N IVSTINIANVS P P AVS; Justinian enthroned facing, holding long scepter with his right hand and globus cruciger in his left
Rev: Large K; to left, cross dividing T H/Є Ч/O/P; Γ to right

A gallery of my coins and artifacts can been seen on FORVM Ancient Coins
ashlobo Numista team
No Australia Post Privy Mark, but a lovely set nonetheless

Outings administrator
MIMAEL
Today I received from the auction medieval.
I think the denarius is of decent quality.
Hungary,Denár - I. Lajos, the Great 1342-1382

two Groschen

Royal mint of Bohemia, Prague Gross - Wencezlaus IV,
(1378-1419)

Ahoj. Ivan
Moneytane
Another huge collection bought off an elderly friend of mine who keeps drip feeding me stuff.

These were mostly individually wrapped and I had to unwrap every coin from acid filled 1950s/60s paper.

4 main sections - first one Global Silver

Some nice pieces here, including a VG 1902 Barber Quarter, 1940 Cyprus 9 Piastres, 1916 West Africa 2 shilling (VF) thought this was a rare coin but they minted 10 million! 1912 UK Florin, 1966 Aussie 50 cents and a pile of worn 6d and 3d of the UK going back to Victoria early heads.
Also a nice Kwangtung Quarter (1 Mace and 8 Candareens) and this collection has not been touched since 60s - so I doubt its a modern mill fake and rings like silver.

Kiwi silver - not too much but average F- VF condition rather than G, includes gF 1934 and 1937 Half Crowns (Annoying as I just forked out $40 for a gVF 1937 Halfcrown and some F 1942 Shillings (Scarce)

Kiwi Cupronickel, this was better than average, someone collected a lot of 1963 dated coins. 1963 was a scarce year of the later series (1953 - 1963) and they had over 50 AU 6d coins of that year and 20 of equally rare 1961 (Mostly VF - AU) and have some premium, several complete sets of 1963 and a scarce 1961 Halfcrown in EF (Most are under VF). Also many 1953 and 1950 of the Shillings, 6ds and 3ds (The big coins were more common, small ones not).

World base coins - a few old pennies including 1855 Halfpenny in aFine and several 1800s pennies, a 1870 Diez Centavos (Republica) of Spain, 1835 East India company, Chinese cash coin, Belgian 10 cents (1800s) and many other classix.

I paid around €100 for it all.
krezga
Just one coin in this week:
the latest issue in Hungary (and the last in this year)

Dato Mikeladze
Mahdi state on nowadays Sudan territory ,
abdullah b. Muhammad. AH 1304 20 qirsh.

Numista referee for  Georgia.  Also  for Belgian Congo, Congo free state, Katanga, Kenya, Ruanda-Burundi, Ruanda-Urundi, Seychelles
Mr. Midnight
Quote: "Dato Mikeladze"​Mahdi state on nowadays Sudan territory ,
​abdullah b. Muhammad. AH 1304 20 qirsh.

​very interesting! Is that coin in Numista catalog?
druzhynets Numista team
​abdullah b. Muhammad. AH 1304 20 qirsh.

​Very nice! Omdurman
ROMA AETERNA
Dato Mikeladze
Quote: "Mr. Midnight"
​​abdullah b. Muhammad. AH 1304 20 qirsh.
​​
​​
​​very interesting! Is that coin in Numista catalog?
​yes, this one:
https://en.numista.com/catalogue/pieces114507.html

Nbest
David
Numista referee for  Georgia.  Also  for Belgian Congo, Congo free state, Katanga, Kenya, Ruanda-Burundi, Ruanda-Urundi, Seychelles
krezga
Some old hungarian coins
Grinya
Kingdom of Prussia - 1 Grossus 1764 - Friedrich II in perfect conditions!
SWAP LIST (lots of Russia (from wire to 2018) + Tannu Tuva, Goths from Taman, Crimea, Grand principality of Moscow, Siberia, Tatarstan, Golden Horde, Genoa, Bukhara, Khiva etc.)
Grinya
Kingdom of Prussia - 4 Groschen 1796 - Friedrich Wilhelm II

SWAP LIST (lots of Russia (from wire to 2018) + Tannu Tuva, Goths from Taman, Crimea, Grand principality of Moscow, Siberia, Tatarstan, Golden Horde, Genoa, Bukhara, Khiva etc.)
apuking
One of my most recent additions
a medal from Amsterdam from 1655 commemorating the opening of the new City Hall
If you like coins, medals and tokens with ship motives follow my new instagram account with regular updates @numisnautiker
Andy288
Nice addition Paul, the tone of the medal is insanely beautiful and the design also.
druzhynets Numista team
Quote: "apuking"​One of my most recent additions
​a medal from Amsterdam from 1655 commemorating the opening of the new City Hall
​Top class!
ROMA AETERNA
klei92
Quote: "apuking"
​Simply wow
Moneytane
Quote: "apuking"​One of my most recent additions
​a medal from Amsterdam from 1655 commemorating the opening of the new City Hall
​Amazing piece, such nice condition and very high quality design.

I've seen the building in the flesh, it is huge - I almost did not believe it dated back to the mid 1600s in the Dutch Golden Age, originally thought it was late 1800s from the 2nd golden age.

I heard it is a royal palace now?
LCW1991
Huge vs Tiny

Top row: Transitional coins (being last cast coins for Qing Dynasty and Republic of China)
Bottom row: Xianfeng cast coins in iron

Spade money from Wang Meng, Xin Dynasty, 1,000 cash

​​​​​​

Kaiyuan coins from Tang Dynasty

Left: Early type - uncleaned coin, with tiny green crystals developed around the coin (due to storage environment), creating "sparkling" effect around the coin

Right: Late type - shifted mould on reverse side, could be a good specimen of for understanding early cast Chinese coinage

ngdawa
Reports are in that I have recieved this beauty. Unfortunately I'm far from home, so I haven't been able to see it live yet.
Referee for: American Samoa, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Faroe Islands, Greenland, Hawaii, Korea, Kyrgyzstan, Mali, Marshall Islands, Myanmar, North Korea, Pitcairn, Turks & Caicos Islands, Uzbekistan, Samoa, Somaliland, Tannu Tuva, Taiwan, Tajikistan
Mr. Midnight
This piece completes my set of Egyptian King Farouk coins, 1937-1950.

I generally don't get coins in slabs - I generally don't want to pay that much for coins that good - I am a downscale collector, I am fine with worn and cleaned coins, and happy to pay the price. I aim for a complete set on a constrained budget.
in this case, the price was right for a coin of this quality even without a slab, and secondly, the slabber has no great reputation, and in my opinion over grades the coin, so I really think i will take it out of the slab.
Idolenz
I wouldn't really call this slabed. This is made by some guy in his basement maybe with some friends. Most of the stuff is genuine but the grading is at best random.
The first thing I did with mine is breaking the content free.
Mr. Midnight
Quote: "Idolenz"​I wouldn't really call this slabed. This is made by some guy in his basement maybe with some friends. Most of the stuff is genuine but the grading is at best random.
​The first thing I did with mine is breaking the content free.
you encourage me! B)
cmaclean
Quote: "LCW1991"
​Top row: Transitional coins (being last cast coins for Qing Dynasty and Republic of China)
​Bottom row: Xianfeng cast coins in iron

​Nice. I recently got a Fujian republican two cash coin, I'll post it when it arrives. It's pretty incredible to own one of the last ever Chinese cash coins. Truly the end of an era in more ways than one.
Numista referee for Scotland.
Grinya
Added some of my new coins into Numista catalogue: one is a new type (not common), the second is with better photos:
https://en.numista.com/catalogue/pieces187076.html
https://en.numista.com/catalogue/pieces111712.html
ZacUK Numista team
Three additions, from the same seller, so saving postage ...

'International Exhibition opened 1862 commemorative medal (by Pinches)'
[OPENED MAY 1ST MDCCCLXII]

https://en.numista.com/catalogue/pieces129403.html

'Queen Victoria commemorative marriage medal - 1840'
[MAY GOD PROSPER THE UNION / FEBRUARY 10TH]

[Not currently on the site]

'Queen Victoria commemorative marriage medal - Feb [10] 1840'
[QUEEN VICTORIA BORN MAY 24 1819]

[Not currently on the site]
My collections >
Grinya
My new Golden Horde Dirham of Berdi Beg Khan minted in Saray al-Jadida in the year 759 (1358)
ngdawa
Quote: "Grinya"​My new Golden Horde Dirham of Berdi Beg Khan minted in Saray al-Jadida in the year 759 (1358)

​It is uncirculated? :o
Referee for: American Samoa, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Faroe Islands, Greenland, Hawaii, Korea, Kyrgyzstan, Mali, Marshall Islands, Myanmar, North Korea, Pitcairn, Turks & Caicos Islands, Uzbekistan, Samoa, Somaliland, Tannu Tuva, Taiwan, Tajikistan
ArsenEverlast
Just got a full set (28 coins) of Australia 5 Dollars commemorative to XXVII Olympic Games in Sydney in beautiful album

Won on a local auction with a bid of 170$, saw with fixed price of 350$
krezga
Not my main colleting thing, but some nice pieces for my world coin collection.

ngdawa
Quote: "ngdawa"​Reports are in that I have recieved this beauty. Unfortunately I'm far from home, so I haven't been able to see it live yet.
​Here it is, my small Judean treasure! :)
Andy289
Nice one, how much did you paid for?
ngdawa
Quote: "Andy289"​Nice one, how much did you paid for?
​About 164 €.
Andy289
A little bit expensive but it's a nice addition.
ZacUK Numista team
Three additions, from the same seller, so saving postage ...

'Belgien Österreich Medaille 1779 T. van Berckel Justizpalast Brüssel Maria Theresia'
[THEMIDI TUTELARI / EXTRUI CURAVIT]

'Frankreich France Burgund Jeton 1725'
COMITIA BURGUNDIAE / REGIT ME ET DIRIGIT ORBEM

'Frankreich France 3x = Jeton 1608 Maison d' Orleans / F. Cheret 1787 / Louis XIV'

Jeton 1608 Maison d' Orleans [POVR LA MAISON DE VILLE DORLEANS / AVRELIA
// A DOMINO FACTVM EST ISTVD]
F'cois CHERET 1787 [LUDOVICUS REX CHRISTIANISS]
Louis XIV [ET VICTOR FVLMINA PONIT // LUDOVICUS MAGNUS REX] (Not Numista 78001)
My collections >
ngdawa
Quote: "Andy289"​A little bit expensive but it's a nice addition.
​Cheers!
There were a few other with about the same price tag, but much lower grades. So in that group it was a good price, but in general I honestly don't know. Wasn't really searching for that one in perticular. But I like it, and I like its history. :)
alfonz
Some new historical medals and tokens arrived for my collection too this week:
Big french bronze medal from 1818 featuring King Louis XVIII:

Medal from the city of rome - the year 1887? - celebrating a jubilee year and featuring a portrait of Pope Leo XIII

Token showing a portrait of french Empress Eugenie. I couldnt find the purpose of it yet.
Moneytane
Pope Leo Medal celebrates the 50th anniversary of his ordination as a Priest.

The Eugenie medal, merely says she is the Imperial heir.

Louis 18 medal says "Chambre des Deputes, session 1818" probably given to every Deputy as they entered and the blank space, may have been where they were supposed to have their name.

At top is Vive le Roi (Long live the King)

Apologies if you already know this.
alfonz
Thx for the informations. How does the Eugenie token call her the imperial heir? She and Napoleon III had a son who was their heir to the throne.
ashlobo Numista team
This is the first time I’ve bought a collector coin deliberately for my collection from the RCM. I saw the flyer email last week and the coin instantly captivated me that I just pulled the trigger on placing the order without much thought. It’s even more attractive in hand

Outings administrator

» Top of the page

Used time zone is UTC+1:00.
Current time is 02:14AM.