You need to ask why the rules were set up in the first place. As I understand it, it was to prevent new accounts being set up to sell coins and rip off Numista members. The question is, who would you trust more? A 3 month old account that has 12 swap ratings (who qualifies to sell under the current rules) or a member who has been on the site for several years with hundreds of top rated swaps who has only 10 swaps in the past year (who doesn't qualify under the current rules)?
It's easy enough for numerous new accounts to be set up to provide fake feedback to get to the 12 required swaps, it's not easy to build up an account over numerous years and accumulate many positive swap feedback
So I would like other members to give their feedback on what changes they would like to see to the rules. Here are the changes I would like to see
1. Politeness is mandatory! Unchanged
2. A member with a warning on his swap page or his profile is not allowed to sell through Numista as long as the warning is present. Unchanged
3. Selling post minimum requirements:
- Good quality pictures clearly showing obverse and reverse of the coin for sale (not generic pictures).
- Weight, metal and diameter of the coin for sale.
- A fixed price.
- Good clear pictures
- Fixed price
- Description of the coin/coins for sale. (Some people sell larger lots of coins and shouldn't need to provide weight, metal and diameter of all the coins, just a comprehensible description of what is for sale)
4. A new sale involves the creation of a new thread. I think it is tidier to list everything for sale on one thread rather than cluttering the forum with new threads for every sale.
5. Bumping is tolerated but with parsimony. Unchanged
6. A member asking for free coins or banknotes on Numista will not be allowed to sell through Numista for a subsequent period of 6 (six) months. Unchanged
7. Selling member minimum requirements:
- 3 (three) months membership.
- Minimum of 12 (twelve) completed swaps rated 10/10 over past 12 (twelve) consecutive months.
- 1 Year membership
- Minimum of 20 completed swaps rated 10/10 (Increase the time someone has to have been a member of the site, increase the minimum number of swaps, but remove the requirement for them to be within the last 12 months)
8. Exceptional nature of the transaction:
- No recurrent sales.
- Maximum of 1 (one) sale post per week.
This is ok as long as the rule about all sales being included in one post is in effect
9. Mentions that may suggest a sale could occur instead of a swap are not allowed if it is deemed to circumvent above rules.