Menu

Off-set penny stamp

9 posts • viewed 128 times
MJB888

Does anyone know if this "coin" has any real value? Or is it a oddity that is worthless?
Mr. Midnight
Quote: "MJB888"
​Does anyone know if this "coin" has any real value? Or is it a oddity that is worthless?
​people do like them, but they are not hard to find. I just ebay for you.
Jamais l'or n'a perdu la plus petite occasion de se montrer stupide. -Balzac
Myeackle
I can’t give you a exact value but since it is a wheat cent and not a memorial cent I would imagine it would be a bit more valuable. These kinds of coins are really just worth what someone is willing to pay for it which can be all over the board but it definitely is a cool coin.

Matt
MJB888
Thanks
Camerinvs
But wait a minute – there seems to be ghosting of the bust on the blank part, and may be even on both sides (??). Isn't this unusual?
••• ₱o$₮ag€ $₮am₱$ a₹€ mo₹€ £€₲i₮ima₮€ a$ a ƒo₹m oƒ ¢u₹₹€nc¥ ₮ha₦ ₮h€ €₦₮i₹€ "¢oi₦" ₱₹odu¢₮io₦ oƒ ₦au₹u o₹ ₦iu€. ••• £€$ ₮im฿₹€$-₱o$₮€ $o₦₮ ₱£u$ £é₲i₮im€$ €₦ ₮a₦t qu'o฿j€₮$ mo₦é₮ai₹€$ qu€ £a ₱₹odu¢₮io₦ €₦₮iè₹€ d€ «mo₦₦ai€$» d€ ₦au₹u ou d€ ₦iu€. •••
MJB888
Thanks for the input. I don't see any ghosting on the penny itself.
DonnCarlo
https://www.ebay.com/itm/LINCOLN-WHEAT-CENT-60-OFF-CENTER-STRIKE-COPPER-US-ERROR-COIN/223670812435?hash=item3413d1bf13:g:bCgAAOSwkGJdgnqZ

here is a sold one, kinda shows the value, the other ebay post isn't as true to value as it's a link to a memorial cent not a wheat cent. :-)
DonnCarlo
also with off strike error collectors the higher the percent off center the more valuable yours is more off center than my example so worth more than it, having the date/mint mark usually increases the market too.
But either way it's a neat error coin to own and does have some value to it! Thanks for showing it to us. :D
MJB888
Thank you for your time. I'll probably just keep it.

Used time zone is UTC+1:00.
Current time is 05:04PM.