Menu

Could I exclude a country from my Numista map?

7 posts • viewed 107 times

This message aims at: suggesting an idea to improve Numista

Votes: 0
mrbadexample
Hi all.

I collect coins. Unsurprisingly my main focus is UK coins as that's where I'm from. But I am a keen collector of world coins too, and enjoy visiting my map. But the colours are heavily skewed - I have catalogued 2468 coins to date, 472 from the UK and around 2000 from the rest of the world. I have not yet recorded my UK crowns, double florins, halfcrowns, florins, shillings, sixpences, threepences and more.

By the time I have done so I will have a map that is of two colours, red for UK and light blue for everything else. If I could exclude UK I would have a really good indication of the balance of my world collection excluding the main focus.

Would it be possible to have an option to exclude one ore more countries from the display?

Cheers,
Jon
Idolenz
You could split your collection in two collections. One UK and one Worldcoins.
You mostlikely have to use the "One line per coin in my collection, with coin values" setting for this.

For example here are my Worldcoin and Doubles collections:

mrbadexample
Thanks, but I can't see how to do that?

I only have options to filter by "swap" or "not for swap". And since I don't have any swaps, they're both the same...
Idolenz
Did you already make different collections ... if not how could you filter them?

mrbadexample
Thanks, I had no idea you could do that. It'll take a bit of time but I can do it now.
Appreciate the help. :)
mrbadexample
Perfect, just what I was after:

ElectronJohn
Thanks MrBadExample, that is very helpful. I have the same issue only with US coins vs. World coins.

Used time zone is UTC+1:00.
Current time is 12:07AM.