2006p Nebraska state quarter missing reverse clad layer

24 posts • viewed 420 times

» Quick access to the last post

Interesting... It looks like a real error. The one thing that makes me a little suspicious is that the obverse has weak spots. Did you just get it in your change?

Have a look at some of these search results.
₱o$₮ag€ $₮am₱$ a₹€ mo₹€ £€₲i₮ima₮€ a$ a ƒo₹m oƒ ¢u₹₹€nc¥ ₮ha₦ ₮h€ €₦₮i₹€ "¢oi₦" ₱₹odu¢₮io₦ oƒ ₦au₹u o₹ ₦iu€. ••• £€$ ₮im฿₹€$-₱o$₮€ $o₦₮ ₱£u$ £é₲i₮im€$ €₦ ₮a₦t qu'o฿j€₮$ mo₦é₮ai₹€$ qu€ £a ₱₹odu¢₮io₦ €₦₮iè₹€ d€ «mo₦₦ai€$» d€ ₦au₹u ou d€ ₦iu€.
would like to see close up of the edge.
It is, what it is, or is it.
Oh, and welcome to Numista!

If you're new to coin collecting, make sure you don't try to clean or polish your coin. This would greatly reduce the value. If it is a true error, it will be advisable to protect it in a coin holder. If you intend on selling it, it will sell at a higher price if you have it graded by a recognized grading company. Others on this forum will be able to assist you.
₱o$₮ag€ $₮am₱$ a₹€ mo₹€ £€₲i₮ima₮€ a$ a ƒo₹m oƒ ¢u₹₹€nc¥ ₮ha₦ ₮h€ €₦₮i₹€ "¢oi₦" ₱₹odu¢₮io₦ oƒ ₦au₹u o₹ ₦iu€. ••• £€$ ₮im฿₹€$-₱o$₮€ $o₦₮ ₱£u$ £é₲i₮im€$ €₦ ₮a₦t qu'o฿j€₮$ mo₦é₮ai₹€$ qu€ £a ₱₹odu¢₮io₦ €₦₮iè₹€ d€ «mo₦₦ai€$» d€ ₦au₹u ou d€ ₦iu€.
Yes there are a few weak strikes on the front and back, this came out of a roll that was send to From the mint it is 100%uncirculated
Topic moved to "Numismatic questions" (ZacUK, 10-Dec-2019, 17:45)
Quote: "Carmdogg708"​Yes there are a few weak strikes on the front and back, this came out of a roll that was send to From the mint it is 100%uncirculated
​There are too many defects for this to be 100% uncirculated. Just take a closer look at the rim for instance. In addition, it is a 2006 coin.
If I didn’t crack the tube open myself then I would agree with you, believe me 100% and circulated
So i ended up getting it graded it is a MS64
Quote: "Carmdogg708"​So i ended up getting it graded it is a MS64
​Congrats!!!
It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble.  It's what you know for sure, that just ain't so.  Mark Twain
​Awesome
​Photos?
brilliant outcome!
Jamais l'or n'a perdu la plus petite occasion de se montrer stupide. -Balzac
Quote: "Carmdogg708"
​Nice to be a proud owner of an MS64 error coin.
How much does it cost for grading.
What was the procedure, did you post the coin to them?
My local coin shop sent it out for me, cost was 50$ and yes I posted it on the NGC website app
Congrats!

So, the weak spots I noticed are probably because the coin is thinner than it should be, so it's a weak strike.

It's probably worth several hundred dollars.
Yes
I have it posted on eBay
Ah yes. I see it. This should go up quite a bit from the current $172.

At this point there are 21 bids, but this is unfortunately not very meaningful because they're all between only two bidders. I suspect others are waiting in the wings and will show up in the last seconds (as long as they set up a last-second bid or are up at 2:11 am).

I normally hate certified coins, but for this kind of item you will definitely recover your $50, and much more. Few people would bid with confidence for an uncertified coin like this.
Looks like you did quite well! Congratulations!

I don't think you would have gotten half of the final price if it had not been certified, so that was a good investment.

EDIT:

Funny, it sold for US $301 after 34 bids, but it went back for sale almost immediately.
Quote: "Camerinvs"​Looks like you did quite well! Congratulations!

​I don't think you would have gotten half of the final price if it had not been certified, so that was a good investment.

​EDIT:

​Funny, it sold for US $301 after 34 bids, but it went back for sale almost immediately.
​Yeah I noticed it as well not sure if maybe the seller was bidding on it himself and got stuck with it possibly.

Matt
Yes buyers was having PayPal issues couldn’t get card to clear
If you're not short on cash, I'd put it up for 450-500 buy it now.

https://coins.ha.com/itm/errors/2006-p-25c-nebraska-quarter-reverse-clad-layer-missing-ms65-pcgs/a/1258-8640.s

» Forum policy

Used time zone is UTC+1:00.
Current time is 17:09.