"Show More" for long swap list [solved]

9 posts • viewed 175 times

This message aims at: suggesting an idea to improve Numista

[Swap]
Upvotes: 8
Downvotes: 0

» Quick access to the last post

After already tenth times or more being reported that my swap partners can't open whole swap list of me and it stucks somewhere in the middle I decide to ask to add "show more" option with breaking the large swaps list for parts to view them part by part (ok I have it too large it seems but that's not a crime still:) like it was done for list of swaps

So my voice for such imrovement. I hope that it will be heard.
mumi numi
Did your partner click on filter options before the complete list was loaded because if you do you will get many empty countries at the bottom.
Quote: "Idolenz"​Did your partner click on filter options before the complete list was loaded because if you do you will get many empty countries at the bottom.
​no the list simply doesn't load full. Earlier I thought may be it is coz slow internet or so but now nearly 50% of partners say that, so it can be easier to load partially (at least I see how good it works with a swap lists with "show more")
mumi numi
B. took me nearly 3 min to fully load (no slow internet, big part for the wait has the Numista server I recon) also the browser really dosn't like the size of the site.
This list may not be a crime but it could at least be a misdemeanor :8D
Hi
I had similar occasion with Akadotour. It might be good, if shown swap list would be with missing in my collection coins only. This could reduce the page overall data size. If a user wants to see full swap list an extra click should be needed.
LP
I fully agree this is a big problem if you are using your phone to check out a large swap list containing thousands of coin the web page take too much time due to big size of the page ,it would be good if there large swap lists are divided into pages 1,2,3 etc contains 500 to 1000 coins....
In addition to this problem, selecting few coins example 20 -30 and recheck it what I selected from the thousand list coin is a big headache, So I will again request for this .....
https://en.numista.com/forum/topic83230.html
coin collector.....
On my PC I got the full list, but mama-mia it's slow to work with when it's loaded..... I'm happy I didn't enter my 15.000 doubles after all! Excel lists are better when you have many doubles. OK, it's more manual work, but that's part of the pleasure, at least for me.

Ole
Globetrotter
Coin varieties in French:
https://monnaiesetvarietes.numista.com
Status changed to Accepted (Xavier, 16-Dec-2019, 13:38)
Quote: "mikimaus"​Hi
​I had similar occasion with Akadotour. It might be good, if shown swap list would be with missing in my collection coins only. This could reduce the page overall data size. If a user wants to see full swap list an extra click should be needed.
​LP
​it happen the same to me, I couldn’t open the page even after selecting only the coins I was missing.
Hello,
Long swap lists are now split over several pages. So there should be no performance issue with extra long swap lists anymore (see also https://en.numista.com/forum/topic95415.html).
Status changed to Implemented (Xavier, 25-Apr-2020, 11:13)

» Forum policy

Used time zone is UTC+1:00.
Current time is 07:48.