Really?

12 posts • viewed 735 times

» Quick access to the last post

You really have to think that the ban of Andy for his sales threads WAS personal when you see some of the sales threads up here that have gone unpunished.

just in the first few threads there is someone selling a set of Greenland coins where the seller only has a handful of swaps in the last year, someone just listing that their swaplist is for sale, and even someone offering to “swap” a German silver coin for 48 Euro. All of them contravene the sales rules but nothing, yet Andy got a straight ban?

If you’re going to enforce the rules you’ve got to enforce them consistently.
What? Me Worry
I got the same feeling. agree 100%
...you can run,  but you can't hide...
But none report these threads and the moderators don't act ex officio. This is such a bad joke. :°
Quote: "Andy289"​But none report these threads and the moderators don't act ex officio. This is such a bad joke. :°
​The moderators are busy with Christmas shopping.
There should be a computer program that shouts down people witch are trying to contravene the sales rules.
If they do this program lots of people have nothing to complain.
Do not forget that to be with NUMISTA cost you not a penny.
Merry Christmas
Don't be sarcastic wolfgang-s, they might ban you. (;0
Quote: "wolfgang-s"​Do not forget that to be with NUMISTA cost you not a penny.
​This whole issue could be solved by making posts of sales a paid privilege. It wouldn't have to be very much but enough to keep Numista what it was intended to be. The money could help Xavier with the cost of maintaining the website.

Food for thought. Hope no one shreds me for saying this.
Regarding the paid posts for sale: I think that it will cost more to administrate such system comparing to potential profit (taking into account that the amount of sales posts will be lower).

If the owners of Numista don't want to facilitate sales (e.g. by creating possibility of making auctions) it may be a good idea to allow to sale via forum to the people who contribute to the developing of the catalogue which is the main value here I think.

And changing sales rules to allow different sales within one thread and bulk sales without detailed description of each coins (as it works by fact) would be great
Medieval sets for swap:https://en.numista.com/forum/topic140941.html

My personal list of scammers from Numista: erniemix, yvain, CassTaylor
I actually really enjoy the sales posts and have bought some coins that I have enjoyed quite a bit. I think that moderation of the sales is key, I didn’t have a problem with Andy289 selling but agree that rules should be enforced equally across all members. I also support the recent sales rules changes.
Quote: "Stupendousman35"​I actually really enjoy the sales posts and have bought some coins that I have enjoyed quite a bit. I think that moderation of the sales is key, I didn’t have a problem with Andy289 selling but agree that rules should be enforced equally across all members. I also support the recent sales rules changes.

​I still wonder who did, except moderators. :°
Personally, buying is easier than swapping. I don't have any idea how to grade coins properly (unless I receive them with a grade my whole collection has been entered as "VG" or "G" as a default), I don't know how to price them to make an equitable offer, and I don't expect to gain these skills any time soon. To me, a coin is worth what I want to pay for it. Also, people who have what I want usually don't want what I have. I figure trading money allows them to buy what they want.
Quote: "Pott"​Personally, buying is easier than swapping. I don't have any idea how to grade coins properly (unless I receive them with a grade my whole collection has been entered as "VG" or "G" as a default), I don't know how to price them to make an equitable offer, and I don't expect to gain these skills any time soon. To me, a coin is worth what I want to pay for it. Also, people who have what I want usually don't want what I have. I figure trading money allows them to buy what they want.
​well said, here here
Quote: "neilithicman"​You really have to think that the ban of Andy for his sales threads WAS personal when you see some of the sales threads up here that have gone unpunished.

​just in the first few threads there is someone selling a set of Greenland coins where the seller only has a handful of swaps in the last year, someone just listing that their swaplist is for sale, and even someone offering to “swap” a German silver coin for 48 Euro. All of them contravene the sales rules but nothing, yet Andy got a straight ban?

​If you’re going to enforce the rules you’ve got to enforce them consistently.
​Agree with you.
Former numista referee for Poland and half of african countries.
I invite you to my FB group about commemorative coins : https://www.facebook.com/groups/1635288620035921
Topic locked (Numista Robot, 5-May-2020, 07:24)

» Forum policy

Used time zone is UTC+1:00.
Current time is 09:54.