Oh please forgave me, King George VI . I was to late to save you.

10 posts • viewed 339 times

» Quick access to the last post

Well this is an odd start. It started finding a Canadian 1 cent 1943 coin . In the parking lot at the laundry. I find it odd ,interesting, not only to I find Canadian 1 cent coins. Which they stopped making in 2012. But still getting them with King George VI on them. I still get in change an given to me . About 2 to 5 every 2 years or so. But here is the 1 cent coin .

I find it some what sad finding something like this. Damaged from sitting in a parking lot.
It is, what it is, or is it.
Ha ha Daryl, this is the best thread of this year. :O
Thank you my friend ,Andreica. It was a sad find. What do you think . Should I put up for sale. It is not a washing machine coin. But the rarer washing machine parking lot coin. I think about 50 euros
I know the feeling seeing coins damaged, it's always sad. Yup, you can sale it for at least 50 euros.
I found this beat up Lizzie with a tent peg when we were setting up camp a few years ago. I had to save the poor dear from spending the rest of her life buried underground. I found out the coin was minted in my birth year and I’ve carried it with me in my wallet ever since as my lucky token.

What? Me Worry
Nice story. :`
Personally, I think a couple of weeks locked in the Tower would be an adequate punishment for this crime.

I then think this punishment could be suspended indefinitely, until King George VI states personally, that the punishment fits the crime.

Look after this piece of history, as we might look a bit battered when we are 77 years old
I'm just a collector of coins, not a slave to it, unless I am in a coin shop.
For all you banknote collectors. Link to my swap list.
https://colnect.com/en/banknotes/list/swap_list/COINMAN1
I hate to see a small part of history left out in a parking lot. I find it very odd that I still find them in circulation here. Here is were I been putting them the last 3 or 4 years, 26 of them.
I think I will just have to put some set together and gave them away.
I think you’d better keep those, that dirty red 1940 is beautiful!
Taking a break from swapping for a while, but still interested in pre 1799 Spanish coins, I will make time for that!

Looking for pre 1783 coins
Hi Daryl

Remember me.. was out of action for long time. Now am back. You sent me many coins and many free a few years back. I am from Singapore and name is Nagarajan. was surprised to find my account still active. Thought they would have closed it as it was inactive for 3 years I believe.

Daryl hope you are doing well and your work still good. You used to make springs or something I remember... well good to be back among friends. Need to slowly find others.. starting with you first

Nagarajan
Singapore
V. Nagarajan

» Forum policy

Used time zone is UTC+1:00.
Current time is 15:19.