Menu

Bank of Canada to make new $5 note

10 posts • viewed 135 times
Camerinvs
As usual in Canada since the 1970s, new series are not released all at once but gradually. The new $10 bill was released about two years ago. They're now thinking about a new $5, but the design has not even been chosen.

CBC News ─ Bank of Canada to make new $5 note, seeks public input on who should be on it

What Canadian historical figure or personality should be featured? Any preference?
••• ₱o$₮ag€ $₮am₱$ a₹€ mo₹€ £€₲i₮ima₮€ a$ a ƒo₹m oƒ ¢u₹₹€nc¥ ₮ha₦ ₮h€ €₦₮i₹€ "¢oi₦" ₱₹odu¢₮io₦ oƒ ₦au₹u o₹ ₦iu€. ••• £€$ ₮im฿₹€$-₱o$₮€ $o₦₮ ₱£u$ £é₲i₮im€$ €₦ ₮a₦t qu'o฿j€₮$ mo₦é₮ai₹€$ qu€ £a ₱₹odu¢₮io₦ €₦₮iè₹€ d€ «mo₦₦ai€$» d€ ₦au₹u ou d€ ₦iu€. •••
COINMAN1
My wife said, put Celine Dion on the banknote. She is amazing.
I'm just a collector of coins, not a slave to it, unless I am in a coin shop.
Camerinvs
Quote: "COINMAN1"​My wife said, put Celine Dion on the banknote. She is amazing.
​Ah! Ah! Ah!

I have bad news for her: One of the requirements is that the person must be dead.
••• ₱o$₮ag€ $₮am₱$ a₹€ mo₹€ £€₲i₮ima₮€ a$ a ƒo₹m oƒ ¢u₹₹€nc¥ ₮ha₦ ₮h€ €₦₮i₹€ "¢oi₦" ₱₹odu¢₮io₦ oƒ ₦au₹u o₹ ₦iu€. ••• £€$ ₮im฿₹€$-₱o$₮€ $o₦₮ ₱£u$ £é₲i₮im€$ €₦ ₮a₦t qu'o฿j€₮$ mo₦é₮ai₹€$ qu€ £a ₱₹odu¢₮io₦ €₦₮iè₹€ d€ «mo₦₦ai€$» d€ ₦au₹u ou d€ ₦iu€. •••
COINMAN1
That is good and bad news for her.
Bad. Cannot be on this new banknote. Would be truly gutted
Good. She is still alive. I expect she is truly happy with that.
I'm just a collector of coins, not a slave to it, unless I am in a coin shop.
TCon
Neil Peart...!!!!

RIP.
My banknote swap list: https://en.numista.com/forum/topic88680.html
Camerinvs
Aaaah ─ I'm sure they'll get a lot of submissions for Neil Peart!

In the very unlikely event he were chosen, I imagine his face shown in ⅓ profile with the drum kit in the background on one side and a four-line quote from his lyrics on the other. What would be a good four line quote for this purpose?
gyoschak
Quote: "Camerinvs"​Aaaah ─ I'm sure they'll get a lot of submissions for Neil Peart!

​In the very unlikely event he were chosen, I imagine his face shown in ⅓ profile with the drum kit in the background on one side and a four-line quote from his lyrics on the other. What would be a good four line quote for this purpose?
​if the dream is won
though everything is lost
we will pay the price
but we will not count the cost

Appropriate for a banknote!

I saw rush live in 97 and 07, but my vote would be for someone even more famous: Sir Timothy Horton
JRo69
Stan Rogers
Camerinvs
I suspect it will be a social activist, not an artist.

I just hope the Bank of Canada will not take its inspiration from the $20/$20 programme of the RCM and come up with a Superman¹ $10 note ...
Moneytane
Social Activist

Anne of Green Gables or Mere D'Youville?
I love coins, both old and precious and also change coins. If its round and shiny, it will garner my interest. I also collect stamps and have an abiding interest in History, Archaeology,  and Social Issues.  I also worship the musical god Prince.

Used time zone is UTC+1:00.
Current time is 08:20AM.