Members with swap on Road

3 posts • viewed 193 times

This message aims at: suggesting an idea to improve Numista

Upvotes: 9
Downvotes: 0
To stop scammers and make Numista a more safer Place for swap I propose this idea -
This can be easily avoided by active participate .........
A simple modification on Numista can save many people,In the profile page were we can see the number of swaps on Road should have a hovering effect where we can see the IDS of member who have confirmed the swap.
Why Wait for ratings to clear up the things its like who will bell the cat first! people are afraid to rate negative first knowingly they have been cheated and wait for someone first to write rating so the cheater will spoil there ratings also if they rate negative and the crook take advantage of this silence and cheat more people..reporting a member doesn't work instantly , it take time .

If the IDs appear as swap on road, members can discuss among themselves if there is any suspicion and the issue can be handle at very initial level. I hope this would be possible in 2020 to make NUMISTA a better place for swaps and for new users....
coin collector.....
Quote: "arvin11"​To stop scammers and make Numista a more safer Place for swap I propose this idea -
​This can be easily avoided by active participate .........
​A simple modification on Numista can save many people,In the profile page were we can see the number of swaps on Road should have a hovering effect where we can see the IDS of member who have confirmed the swap.
​Why Wait for ratings to clear up the things its like who will bell the cat first! people are afraid to rate negative first knowingly they have been cheated and wait for someone first to write rating so the cheater will spoil there ratings also if they rate negative and the crook take advantage of this silence and cheat more people..reporting a member doesn't work instantly , it take time .

​If the IDs appear as swap on road, members can discuss among themselves if there is any suspicion and the issue can be handle at very initial level. I hope this would be possible in 2020 to make NUMISTA a better place for swaps and for new users....
​​
​Not a bad idea, but could be conflictive with personal data confidentiality. I think other possibility is to show dates when swaps were confirmed; this way you can judge: if a member is fairly new and has many swaps in short time, could be more risky than one who joined long time ago, and confirmed swaps periodically, it could mean some swaps are just delayed by post service.

Anyways, you can calculate risk with the known data:

Good signs:
- Many feedbacks,
- longer time in site,
- higher rating average,
- good comments of swap partners;
if you see member have made many swaps in last few months, maybe they are just too active, so is not so suspicious to have many swaps on the road.

Bad signs:
- too few feedbacks,
- very new member,
- bad feedbacks (take the time to read those feedbacks, and also to see swap history of the one who left them, specially if they use to give good or bad ratings).
- offers too many, too good coins and seems to be very generous; like when your requested side is of higher value and they don't ask for more coins from you or to discard something (if is a scammer, would not mean to offer a Morgan dollar versus a couple US pennies; anyways would never send them).
- If you see previously made few swaps, separated in time, and suddenly have a lot of swaps on the way, means something is happening or happened recently: maybe is a scammer, or on the contrary had some change in his life, like retired, won lottery or changed job, so have more spare time.

I don't think talking to swap partners same as some people would be afraid to give bad feedbacks, would not disclose if they have suspects.

And if it seems too good for you, think twice.
Just 10 options: you understand binary, or you don't.
Catalog Referee Coins, Banknotes & Exonumia: Uruguay, Cuba, Bolivia, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Mexico, Peru, Paraguay, Costa Rica, Venezuela, Panama, Ecuador, Zamunda, Parva Domus and more.
Hello,
This won't be implemented for privacy reason.
If you don't receive the coins and you have doubts about your swap partner, don't hesitate to post a negative rating. You may contact me to amend the rating if you receive the coins later on or to ask for removing any "revenge rating" you may have received.
Status changed to Rejected (Xavier, 17-Jan-2020, 14:48)

» Forum policy

Used time zone is UTC+1:00.
Current time is 12:04.