Menu

New City of Cambridge coin: value?

6 posts • viewed 82 times
mandrews
Hi there,

I own one of these coins: https://en.numista.com/catalogue/pieces167908.html

Can anyone tell me what it might be worth? If I wanted to sell it, how might I do that?

Thank you!
Camerinvs
Welcome to Numista!

Someone is currently selling the nickel version on eBay for $3. The silver is currently being sold for $45, but I doubt it will sell quickly at that price.

I don't think there is any catalogue with a market value for these, but there are so many such souvenir tokens from hundreds of cities and towns that their value is quite low.
••• ₱o$₮ag€ $₮am₱$ a₹€ mo₹€ £€₲i₮ima₮€ a$ a ƒo₹m oƒ ¢u₹₹€nc¥ ₮ha₦ ₮h€ €₦₮i₹€ "¢oi₦" ₱₹odu¢₮io₦ oƒ ₦au₹u o₹ ₦iu€. ••• £€$ ₮im฿₹€$-₱o$₮€ $o₦₮ ₱£u$ £é₲i₮im€$ €₦ ₮a₦t qu'o฿j€₮$ mo₦é₮ai₹€$ qu€ £a ₱₹odu¢₮io₦ €₦₮iè₹€ d€ «mo₦₦ai€$» d€ ₦au₹u ou d€ ₦iu€. •••
Limbru
Here in Canada I find these "tourist tokens" at the local stores' "by the pound" bins, for anything between 10c to 25c. They are not really worth much in their nickel versions, at least not within Canada.
Coin enthusiast
mandrews
Okay, I figured that might be the case! Thanks for the input and advice.
Beekeeper
Quote: "Camerinvs"​Welcome to Numista!

​Someone is currently selling the nickel version on eBay for $3. The silver is currently being sold for $45, but I doubt it will sell quickly at that price.

​I don't think there is any catalogue with a market value for these, but there are so many such souvenir tokens from hundreds of cities and towns that their value is quite low.
​The best catalogue that I have found for Canadian trade tokens is an online seller. https://zwiggystradetokens.com/projects/john/canadian-municipal-trade-tokens?zenid=8pimtm5gda28e2o00cqflt1ho2 It is always changing though since it is a sales site.
Camerinvs
Thanks ─ I didn't know about it!
••• ₱o$₮ag€ $₮am₱$ a₹€ mo₹€ £€₲i₮ima₮€ a$ a ƒo₹m oƒ ¢u₹₹€nc¥ ₮ha₦ ₮h€ €₦₮i₹€ "¢oi₦" ₱₹odu¢₮io₦ oƒ ₦au₹u o₹ ₦iu€. ••• £€$ ₮im฿₹€$-₱o$₮€ $o₦₮ ₱£u$ £é₲i₮im€$ €₦ ₮a₦t qu'o฿j€₮$ mo₦é₮ai₹€$ qu€ £a ₱₹odu¢₮io₦ €₦₮iè₹€ d€ «mo₦₦ai€$» d€ ₦au₹u ou d€ ₦iu€. •••

Used time zone is UTC+1:00.
Current time is 08:35AM.