Menu

BELGIUM PROOF 25 Centimes 1908 EXTREMELY RARE NGC PF64 unreported

10 posts • viewed 144 times
edduns
I found this on E Bay - never knew they made proofs. Your thoughts please. Ed

https://www.ebay.com/itm/BELGIUM-PROOF-25-Centimes-1908-EXTREMELY-RARE-NGC-PF64-unreported/193239995429?hash=item2cfe005425:g:IGkAAOSw7Rtd5q6C
Those who believe they can do something and those who believe they can't are both right.
- Henry Ford
ALLRED1950
Hi ED
That looks to good to be true. I think you need some people from Belgium to weigh in. Unreported poof I have heard of them. But I really have no ideal on this, way out of my area.
It is, what it is.
King
Have you contacted NGC? After all they are the company saying it is what it is, their reputation on the line.
Two possible outcomes; 1 experts in the field of numismatics confirm it is what they say it is and stand by their experience and expertise or 2 the said experts eventually say woops we made a mistake!

p.s I have no idea about said coins, and do not know if any proof exists for this coin with this year. If they didn't make proofs in this year the chances are NGC have mislabelled the coin, which isn't uncommon for an American company who's actual expertise is American coins.
MIMAEL
Quote: "King"​Have you contacted NGC? After all they are the company saying it is what it is, their reputation on the line.
​Two possible outcomes; 1 experts in the field of numismatics confirm it is what they say it is and stand by their experience and expertise or 2 the said experts eventually say woops we made a mistake!

​p.s I have no idea about said coins, and do not know if any proof exists for this coin with this year. If they didn't make proofs in this year the chances are NGC have mislabelled the coin, which isn't uncommon for an American company who's actual expertise is American coins.
​Ahoj and have a nice day.
NGC does not mention "Proof". This is written by the seller!
Definition:
PF 64- Average or better embossing with several tracks and hair scratches, or other inaccuracy .

This is what the scale used by NGC told me, What the seller tells is his opinion, Unless he said false and mislead the buyer is a crime in most cultured countries.
I write it without knowledge if they were technology ,, Proof,, this manufacturing process is applied to these coins -that's another question.
Ivan
MIMAEL
Please excuse my mistake.
only later did I realize the typo, in the MS / PF evaluation.
Yes, NGC accurately reports PF
It is purely their responsibility!

apology one more time
the coin corresponds to MS64.
Ivan
Pcoetzee5
Perhaps someone who knows can look the coin up on the NGC site and confirm that it has actually been graded by NGC.

As fat as I am aware, this is possible.
Ex-South African now living in Germany
Idolenz
https://www.ngccoin.com/certlookup/2757642-021/64/

P.S. You might want to edit your post Pcoetzee5 :O
Ciin
NGC has no reference of this coin, which is suspicious since it would be in the population if they ever graded it.

NGC Population/Reference: https://www.ngccoin.com/census/world/belgium/sc-40/25c/?c=49614
Idolenz
Hint, if you are looking for proof coins one should also look at the proof lists ;)
Pcoetzee5
Well done Idolenz, once I have some time I will have a look at how it works. Tx for your assistance
Ex-South African now living in Germany

Used time zone is UTC+1:00.
Current time is 08:51AM.