Menu

Addition to survey 2020

3 posts • viewed 85 times

This message aims at: suggesting an idea to improve Numista

Votes: 5
adanieluy
Hello

I just answered the survey 2020, and it asks for more suggestions:

I think the 2 major additions should be to add Spanish language and banknotes to the catalog. Both were proposed before, so far not accepted, and I'm aware they would not be easy nor fast to implement, but when Numista refused challenges?

I am not a great notes collector, but I know there are many interested on them (out of swaps will be easier, owing to lower post cost).

About Spanish language, on Latin America, USA, Spain and a few more countries, there are about Spanish talkers, I don't know how many coins collectors, but for sure are several thousands. Is possible most of them also speak English or French, but using their native tongue will ease things for them, and will allow to join those that are not fairly fluent on English and French.

Yes, I know there are more Chinese and Hindi speakers than Spanish, but Spanish uses same alphabet as English and French, so the addition would be much less complicated. Most talked languages using our alphabet are 1st. English , 2nd. Spanish, 3rd. French., taking into account native and 2nd. tongue talkers. If we just consider as native tongue, Spanish is the most talked using our alphabet.

Esteemed amount of speakers:
Native + 2nd. tongue:
English: 1,135 million people,
Chinese: 1,115 M,
Hindi: 615 M,
Spanish: 535 M,
French 280 M.

Native tongue only:
Chinese: 920 M,
Spanish: 460 M,
English: 380 M,
Hindi: 340 M,
French: 80M.
(data from Wikipedia)
There are 10 types of people, those who understand binary, and those who doesn't.

Catalog Referee for Uruguay, Cuba, Bolivia, Puerto Rico
co-referee for Brazil, Curaçao, Cayman Islands, Netherlands West Indies, Saint Eustatius, Sint Maarten
Oklahoman
No major coin catalog or banknote catalog seems to be published. An online catalog of banknotes is available for purchase of around a hundred bucks a year...

Please set up the ability for us to do banknotes. The swap feature, and the completed money aspect of coin and note would only enrich the hobby, the website, and the traffic.

We would like banknotes please.
Magic2ik
Quote: "Oklahoman"​No major coin catalog or banknote catalog seems to be published. An online catalog of banknotes is available for purchase of around a hundred bucks a year...

​Please set up the ability for us to do banknotes. The swap feature, and the completed money aspect of coin and note would only enrich the hobby, the website, and the traffic.

​We would like banknotes please.

​I Agree.. Banknotes also
Always looking for nice coins to get my collection "more" complete

Used time zone is UTC+1:00.
Current time is 06:30PM.