What part of your coin collection have you seen in person?

19 posts • viewed 557 times

» Quick access to the last post

Had a chance to revisit Wat Phra Keaw in Bangkok this weekend. Seen on Thailand 1 baht.

I don't have a photo - but 4 of our 5 coins have allegorical scenes (2 birds, a generic Maori mask and a depiction of the Endeavour off Mt Taranaki/Egmont in 1770.

The 20 cent coin - bottom right shows a carving called Pukaki. This was carved in the 1840s and originally stood above a gate at the entrance to a Maori pa.

It was in the Auckland Museum when I saw it, but now has been moved to the Rotorua Museum, which has been closed for years following earthquake repairs!
I love coins

Here's the Japanese Covered Bridge in Hoi An, Vietnam. I took this while I was on holiday. It's a composite image with the note superimposed onto the picture because the pesky camera wouldn't focus on both at the same time.
I've also been to the famous hexagonal lava pillars at the East Dam of the High Island Reservoir, which is featured on the newest set of banknotes just released last year, but I don't have a similar picture.
光復香港 時代革命
五大訴求 缺一不可
Liberate Hong Kong, Revolution of our times
my country is really small and I can confidently say that I have seen all the places that are depicted on our coins.

5 cents: Esplanade
10 cents: HDB (public housing)
20 cents: Changi Airport
50 cents: The Port
1 Dollar: Merlion (Unfortunately they have decided to demolish the one at Sentosa)
the Rhode island state quarter is a favorite of mine because the place depicted is a place I love.

I have sailed in Narragansett bay many times over the years, passing under that bridge to race "outside".
Jamais l'or n'a perdu la plus petite occasion de se montrer stupide. -Balzac
The London Charles I statue in Whitehall, dates from the 18th century and originally stood in the Strand

Any inkling where the designer may have got the pose from (All that is missing is the sword) and its possible that was taken down.
I love coins
I have been to the Lincoln Memorial (USA 1 Cent) and the Statue of Liberty (New York State Quarter).

Nope, not my personal pics.
Some time last year I had a delivery to do in Essex, England; then I saw it was next to Kirby Hall,
and remembered I had bought, a few years before that, a token with that name on it.

https://en.numista.com/catalogue/pieces80826.html
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kirby_Hall,_Essex

When I was 7 in 2011, my parents took me to a tour to Ellis Island on a boat full of tourists, I also went to see Lady Liberty, but I was a very impatient child so I was crying to go home, now looking back at this I want to go back to Ellis Island to fully experience it
I like cheese
I've seen the sun

I haven't seen the wind, but I've seen leaves swirling around

I have seen the ocean

I haven't met the king, though...
Coin referee for: AZE, FRO, GRL, US-HI, KOR, KGZ, MLI, MHL, MMR, PRK, UZB, SML, TAT, TWN, TJK
Banknote referee for: AGO, AZE, BLR, ECS, GEO, HTI, KAZ, KGZ, KOR, MNG, MRT, PMR, PRK, ROK, SWE, TJK, TKM, TUR, UZB, WSM, ZWE

The Hungarian Parliament, I have been there when I was a child

Freedom statue on the Gellért hill in Budapest (I have a lot of date here when I was younger.. :D )

The Széchenyi Chain Bridge, I see everyday the bridge, when I'm going to work.
Check my collection: https://www.instagram.com/coinsmaniac/?hl=hu
"The Hungarian Parliament, I have been there when I was a child," -Prewitt

-we stayed on the Danube during our honeymoon in the fall of 2018 & the view of parliament was similar to this one (as engraved on your 1945 100 Pengo banknote).
https://sites.google.com/view/notaphilycculture/collecting-banknotes
Quote: "qwerty844448"​my country is really small and I can confidently say that I have seen all the places that are depicted on our coins.

​5 cents: Esplanade
​10 cents: HDB (public housing)
​20 cents: Changi Airport
​50 cents: The Port
​1 Dollar: Merlion (Unfortunately they have decided to demolish the one at Sentosa)
​The Sentosa Merlion is so iconic - why are they demolishing it??
Sad
2€ - 2006 - Atomium, Brussels

Prague - Karol's Bridge and Saint Vitus's Cathedral
Czech Rep. - 50 Korun and 5 Korun , Czechoslovakia - 5 Haler and 10 Haler

Referee of south atlantic islands
Does seeing the queen in person count?
Quote: "jimpop"​Does seeing the queen in person count?
​for such how many coins :8D
Referee of south atlantic islands
Easy.... UK 50ps 2018

All four Venues with Paddington Bear on

» Forum policy

Used time zone is UTC+1:00.
Current time is 11:50.