Menu

All that you shouldn't do to swap. Beware scammer!!!

11 posts • viewed 391 times
davmell
The collector ALFABETO, from US, contacted me, not a presentation, nothing to say, just a proposal to swap, selecting any coins from my list.

Curiously, all the coins had high value (no silver, no expensive in my list, but conmemorative and UNC 2 euro coins), total value of requested coins, about 100$.

Profile info of this "element": Zero swaps, zero rates, and pink letter of suspicious activities... All perfect.

Let's see the list, any common coins and lot of expensive, even rare silver conmemorative and GOLD coins to swap(?)... Ok, probably 99% confirmed... just other scammed in Numista.

Ok, let's give an opportunity... any coins selected in the list, not the expensive ones... and swap conditions: You have NO RATES, I have close than 200... Let's value the coins with a reference catalogue, and YOU SEND FIRST and only when I receive and check your coins, I'll send you.

Surprise!!! In ten minutes the scammer cancelled the swap!! (no answer again, just cancellation). So, all my suspicions confirmed... BEWARE THIS SCAMMER!!
Limbru
Same here, swap opened with no message, he picked silver and “valuable” coins....
I just cancelled the swap right away.
Coin enthusiast
Fire Blade5
Now you are giving them ideas how to be more believable
davmell
No matter of ideas. They can "invent" a swaplist more "real" but they can't get a good prestige of 100 rates if they don't work right. If you both agree a swap and you ask to send first, no problem. If you received coins, no problem and all right, If you don't receive, you don't loose anything. And this kind of advise may prevent other collectors.
Ciin
I apologize if you no longer need me, but I also was contacted - he chose sooo many coins (about 300 - all American, British, Euro and Canadian coins with high exchange values), and wanted ME to send first! What should I do in this instance - I rejected, but then he (or she) compained!
johnspa
Quote: "Ciin"​I apologize if you no longer need me, but I also was contacted - he chose sooo many coins (about 300 - all American, British, Euro and Canadian coins with high exchange values), and wanted ME to send first! What should I do in this instance - I rejected, but then he (or she) compained!
You are a perfect target for scammers. Lots of high value coins, and you only have 1 swap.So, you look fairly new to a scammer.
Im glad you were not caught off guard.
Ciin
Thanks - how many coins did they ask for from you guys?

P.S. I don’t make up my swap list - I have an addiction to searching world coins and coin rolls (just a tip)
Also, swapping in person is usually better.
Ciin
I think the profile was deleted
worth
I received a similar request and didn't respond. The profile has been deleted.
Mindaugo800410
Quote: "Ciin"​Thanks - how many coins did they ask for from you guys?

​P.S. I don’t make up my swap list - I have an addiction to searching world coins and coin rolls (just a tip)
​Also, swapping in person is usually better.
They ask from me 25 pieces of 2€ coins.
David52
Enough said I see he's gone but I also got a swap request from him all 2 euro coins (25). I asked why he had a warning on his profile when he had no swaps and no commits? He answered "I don't know" never heard from him again. Such is life.
American collector living the life in Germany
I also collect banknotes swap list in https://colnect.com/en/banknotes/countries/swap_list/David52

Used time zone is UTC+2:00.
Current time is 03:44AM.