Menu

Are these Fake Coin Grading Company?

16 posts • viewed 535 times
thebenjamincode
Hi guys i just want to know if these Coin Grading companies in china are Legit. Its very hard to find information on them on google. Just bought coins that were graded by them for about $150 for 7 different coins with different certifications... i really hope they are real.

Cangquancoins.com
Tian Quan Jian Ding
Bo Quan Certification
Guoquangubi.com
Sjoelund
Quote: "thebenjamincode"​Hi guys i just want to know if these Coin Grading companies in china are Legit. Its very hard to find information on them on google. Just bought coins that were graded by them for about $150 for 7 different coins with different certifications... i really hope they are real.

​Cangquancoins.com
​Tian Quan Jian Ding
​Bo Quan Certification
​Guoquangubi.com
​I would have checked that first.....

Ole
Globetrotter
Coin variants in English:
https://sites.google.com/site/coinvarietiescollection/home
In French on Cobra's site (not the same)
https://monnaiesetvarietes.numista.com
thebenjamincode
Quote: "Sjoelund"
Quote: "thebenjamincode"​Hi guys i just want to know if these Coin Grading companies in china are Legit. Its very hard to find information on them on google. Just bought coins that were graded by them for about $150 for 7 different coins with different certifications... i really hope they are real.
​​
​​Cangquancoins.com
​​Tian Quan Jian Ding
​​Bo Quan Certification
​​Guoquangubi.com
​​I would have checked that first.....

​Ole
​Well the coins i got looked very legit. but i am just making sure if it is not counterfiet
harryg
A good rule of thumb is trust nothing that comes from China. They are the scourge of the coin collecting community. Everything counterfeit is being made primarily in China.
thebenjamincode
Quote: "harryg"​A good rule of thumb is trust nothing that comes from China. They are the scourge of the coin collecting community. Everything counterfeit is being made primarily in China.
​But i really like ancient chinese coins.... does anyone here know where i can get it at a very low price?
harryg
Quote: "thebenjamincode"
Quote: "harryg"​A good rule of thumb is trust nothing that comes from China. They are the scourge of the coin collecting community. Everything counterfeit is being made primarily in China.
​​But i really like ancient chinese coins.... does anyone here know where i can get it at a very low price?
​Not cheap necessarily but this option is certainly safer and credible. You are not getting anything cheap or saving money if they are not authentic. Good luck in your endeavors.

https://www.ngccoin.com/specialty-services/acab/
pnightingale
​Amen.
Non illegitimis carborundum est.  Excellent advice for all coins.
Make Numismatics Great Again!  
apuking
you can try your luck by bidding on a lot of Cash coins at an auction house.
Here for example
https://www.sixbid.com/de/fritz-rudolf-kuenker-gmbh-und-co-kg/7201/muenzen-und-medaillen-aus-uebersee/5895557/china-lots-p-kl-sammlung?term=cash&currency=EUR&displayMode=large

https://www.numisbids.com/n.php?p=lot&sid=3786&lot=1455
If you like coins, medals and tokens with ship motives follow my new instagram account with regular updates @numisnautiker
Dejan
​True, but then look at covid-19: you can contract it in Italy or in the USA or anywhere else in the world - and still, the "original" comes from China! What I am trying to say is that if I buy a counterfeit coin in China, place it on my list, third person takes it from me... the forth one cannot possibly know the provenance of the coin!
PaulDeLucchi
I bought a graded Chinese coin from a friend that lived in China for 2 years.
ACG AI Cang Guaranty

The holder is just a bit larger than PCGS slabbed coin
also there grading 1-100

PM me if you want me to shoot a picture of the coin
lxy70713daniel

​Cangquancoins.com
​Tian Quan Jian Ding
​Bo Quan Certification
​Guoquangubi.com
​I am new to coins collection. If you can post them I can certainly have a look for you. BTW, I am from China.
thebenjamincode
Quote: "lxy70713daniel"
​​
​​Cangquancoins.com
​​Tian Quan Jian Ding
​​Bo Quan Certification
​​Guoquangubi.com
​​I am new to coins collection. If you can post them I can certainly have a look for you. BTW, I am from China.
​that's great, can you please access this website for me and post a screenshot if it is accessible in china? http://www.tianquanjianding.com

It is one of the website of the grading company that i was telling you about
lxy70713daniel
Quote: "thebenjamincode"​I cannot open the link. I have checked online seems this is not a genuine company I am afraid. I would stick to NGC and PCGS. Bao Quan (宝泉) is a genuine comoany
Quote: "lxy70713daniel"

​​​
​​​Cangquancoins.com
​​​Tian Quan Jian Ding
​​​Bo Quan Certification
​​​Guoquangubi.com
​​​I am new to coins collection. If you can post them I can certainly have a look for you. BTW, I am from China.
​​that's great, can you please access this website for me and post a screenshot if it is accessible in china? http://www.tianquanjianding.com

​It is one of the website of the grading company that i was telling you about
HongKongCoinCollector
Indeed, unfortunately China is responsible for the vast majority of silver fakes, and most of the fakes anywhere in the world. They're usually really easy to spot, but sometimes they fool even the most experienced collectors. Many Chinese grading companies do not offer authenticity guarantees, so even if the grading company is trustworthy, they're still making no promises.

Unless the coins you're looking at are dirt cheap, then it's best to not touch stuff from China.

(Ps. Chinese cash coins are so common they're practically worthless. For the more common varieties, if you pay more than about a dollar on those, you're being ripped off. It's simply uneconomical to manufacture fakes of those coins, and so it's generally ok if you get them from Chinese dealers. Still, keep an eye out for fakes.)
Often things turn up in unexpected places.
Keep looking! ;-)
thebenjamincode
Quote: "HongKongCoinCollector"​Indeed, unfortunately China is responsible for the vast majority of silver fakes, and most of the fakes anywhere in the world. They're usually really easy to spot, but sometimes they fool even the most experienced collectors. Many Chinese grading companies do not offer authenticity guarantees, so even if the grading company is trustworthy, they're still making no promises.

​Unless the coins you're looking at are dirt cheap, then it's best to not touch stuff from China.

​(Ps. Chinese cash coins are so common they're practically worthless. For the more common varieties, if you pay more than about a dollar on those, you're being ripped off. It's simply uneconomical to manufacture fakes of those coins, and so it's generally ok if you get them from Chinese dealers. Still, keep an eye out for fakes.)
​do you collect coins from china too?
lxy70713daniel
Quote: "thebenjamincode"​worth to collect Chinese coins prior to 2000
Quote: "HongKongCoinCollector"​Indeed, unfortunately China is responsible for the vast majority of silver fakes, and most of the fakes anywhere in the world. They're usually really easy to spot, but sometimes they fool even the most experienced collectors. Many Chinese grading companies do not offer authenticity guarantees, so even if the grading company is trustworthy, they're still making no promises.
​​
​​Unless the coins you're looking at are dirt cheap, then it's best to not touch stuff from China.
​​
​​(Ps. Chinese cash coins are so common they're practically worthless. For the more common varieties, if you pay more than about a dollar on those, you're being ripped off. It's simply uneconomical to manufacture fakes of those coins, and so it's generally ok if you get them from Chinese dealers. Still, keep an eye out for fakes.)
​​do you collect coins from china too?

Used time zone is UTC+2:00.
Current time is 07:59AM.